Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2004 Bronco concept??

ford_bronco_2.jpg

Story here

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I like it...personally, I think it would be awesome to bring that back as like the Bronco II and bring something in like a chopped down excursion as the FSB...but god knows nothing like that would ever happen. Soccer moms want sporty and sexy, not utility...and the majority of other folks out there wanna save the planet...then the slim minority like us, want something like that. Oh well, it is what it is.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I like it...personally, I think it would be awesome to bring that back as like the Bronco II and bring something in like a chopped down excursion as the FSB...but god knows nothing like that would ever happen. Soccer moms want sporty and sexy, not utility...and the majority of other folks out there wanna save the planet...then the slim minority like us, want something like that. Oh well, it is what it is.

Right behind ya! As awesome as it is, the just isn't enough marketability behind it in today's world.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
the general public thought the same thing bout the raptor... but yall see how well they've sold....

No I haven't...I'd like to see the numbers on that. And aren't those on a limited production basis anyway? Limited production vehicles always sell better.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
any lot that gets a Raptor, its sold within a few days...

and even though it is a limited production number, who says the "new" bronco couldnt be done the same way, but go the opposite direction with the "offroad" approach, go with more of a rock crawling, approach, put a small diesel in it.

make it limited production that way if someone wants a Raptor type truck, but wants it more for low speed offroading, they can get the Bronco....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
any lot that gets a Raptor, its sold within a few days...

That's a negative Ghost Rider...that's an opinion and nowhere near fact. Got some friends that own dealerships Larry Cloninger of Cloninger Ford, Jeff Hall of Finish Line Ford and Rick Teekila of Town and Country Ford that are having serious issues moving those things at 50k a pop. They've told me they just keep rotating inventory with their other dealerships or with friendly dealerships, then after a couple rotations...auction them off. I'm not saying this is nationwide fact either, but this makes up a good chunk of NC. They're a toy, they're not practical for family use or really offroading using...and most of the guys like us can't afford them. So like I said, I'd like to see the numbers of sales on this bad boy.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
That's a negative Ghost Rider...that's an opinion and nowhere near fact. Got some friends that own dealerships Larry Cloninger of Cloninger Ford, Jeff Hall of Finish Line Ford and Rick Teekila of Town and Country Ford that are having serious issues moving those things at 50k a pop. They've told me they just keep rotating inventory with their other dealerships or with friendly dealerships, then after a couple rotations...auction them off. I'm not saying this is nationwide fact either, but this makes up a good chunk of NC. They're a toy, they're not practical for family use or really offroading using...and most of the guys like us can't afford them. So like I said, I'd like to see the numbers of sales on this bad boy.

Hmm... They're selling pretty good around here.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hmm... They're selling pretty good around here.

Keep in mind...you're in a waaaaaay bigger market, and Atlanta is typically a financial hub. Nashville, while not as big as Atlanta, is still pretty darn big. Now I may be 100% wrong on how quickly the Raptors move, but I was just replying to Chris' 'they only last a few days'. But as I said initially, I'd like to see the #'s produced vs. the # sold.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Keep in mind...you're in a waaaaaay bigger market, and Atlanta is typically a financial hub. Nashville, while not as big as Atlanta, is still pretty darn big. Now I may be 100% wrong on how quickly the Raptors move, but I was just replying to Chris' 'they only last a few days'. But as I said initially, I'd like to see the #'s produced vs. the # sold.

This is true. I'mma make a phone call to see if I can get some numbers for ya.

i must agree with ole nflfreak. these things are movin around here... well really ford truck is, you can look at a truck one day and say your gonna come back and buy it tomorrow well guess what it wont be there tomorrow. our dealership has had 5 to 10 raptors and everyone of them has gotten outta there within a week of it being brought on the lot. and by the way on the bronco, look at them tars

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
This is true. I'mma make a phone call to see if I can get some numbers for ya.

Good deal...I'd love to see them.

Jalopnik says 1500 Raptors 5.4 Raptors were made for 2010 and they sold out. There's a guesstimation of 5300-5500 ordered for 2011. I guess I can see them moving fast in a densely populated area with money....that's just not my area at the moment.

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Good deal...I'd love to see them.

I can't get a hold of any numbers, but I can confirm that they sell pretty fast. 4 in last month, all 4 went out within the month. The new 6.2L is catching up.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
but even though your in a smaller area Ben. but you said it yourself every single 5.4 raptor sold...

but as a whole country, if they sale, well they sale... period...

just cause they dont sale in your area, well that means they wont send as many to that area to attempt to sale..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
but even though your in a smaller area Ben. but you said it yourself every single 5.4 raptor sold...

but as a whole country, if they sale, well they sale... period...

just cause they dont sale in your area, well that means they wont send as many to that area to attempt to sale..

Yeah I hear ya...but I'm still gonna go out there and say they're a fad. The first year of sales...I mean c'mon 1500 vehicles for a potential 100,000,000 drivers...and they were brand new concept. And I still haven't seen the rhyme or reason to production on these things. All I've found are order numbers, are they gonna fulfill the special orders and then throw another 1500 out on the lots? Once the newness and uniqueness wears off a little and the unpractical buyers get their fill, the lots will be flooded with them...just watch.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
well when they have a ton of them flooding the lots they'll eventually let em go cheap and that'll be prime time for me to pounce on one...

Or they'll discontinue them...or decrease production numbers even further, raising the costs even higher. Regardless, I was wrong on the sales numbers, but I see the raptor as an 'Average/Good at everything but great at nothing' sorta rig. And when the single guys with more money than penis all get their fill of Raptors, then you'll start seeing realistic numbers.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts