Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1959 M250 4x4?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well that was that one set up, they make them all the way to 1200cfms..

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Ben i have been doing alot of research for quite awhile, ive always like BBF's.

What ed has in his truck, i dont think would be right for your truck....

Ed's truck is a full throttle all the time kinda truck, and he makes his power up top.

Something along the lines of a 521 would be a better choice i belive. Enough torque to move the white house to compton and you will still have gobs of power too...

I think if you build that 557, then you wont be to happy with it, down low they run like crap, until you build the rpm's up.

The 521 will make most of its power around mid range...
With LOTSA power down low. Perfect for a DD...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds like I need to be talking to you then Don. Like I said, I just got another 460 in the truck and was tickled with that. I never even started to think stroker until after I got the other engine swapped in. Then I thought...go big if I'm gonna do it at all. That said, do you recommend any suppliers for the 521? Or any place to go for a little research. I'd go to 460ford, but I don't wanna look like the stupid newbie...haha.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Ben i have been doing alot of research for quite awhile, ive always like BBF's.What ed has in his truck, i dont think would be right for your truck....
Ed's truck is a full throttle all the time kinda truck, and he makes his power up top.
Something along the lines of a 521 would be a better choice i belive. Enough torque to move the white house to compton and you will still have gobs of power too...
I think if you build that 557, then you wont be to happy with it, down low they run like crap, until you build the rpm's up.
The 521 will make most of its power around mid range...
With LOTSA power down low. Perfect for a DD...

smiliewhathesaid
I think 521 is your best choice maybe even a 514, but remember allot has to do with the cam and cam timing you could build 557 but you would have to choose your cam and compression ratio wisely or the only real power you will see is going to be in high high rpm ranges..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
http://www.nwuonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3950

Read and enjoy:
Kris is in the middle of a 521 build as we speak...
Yes Kris as in the Minions Kris.

Than you sir...I'll read that in the morning...the words are blurring together, it's 2 am here and I'm tired.

As far as #'s are concerned, I was looking for the 600+hp range, yet still want it to be streetable. I just need to do a little of my own research before I start flappin my jaws on what I want to do...haha.

Thanks for the input.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
600 ponies streetable...

Yea i HIGHLY suggest reading kris's build...
That is EXACTLY what he is doing as well...
Power all the way through the rpm range, not just WOT.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
600 ponies streetable...

IS that a question? Either way...you know what I mean. I don't give two sh*ts about the 4mpg's I'll get. I just want to be able to run with the best through the mud, and be able to drive the rig home when I'm done. Then hook it up to the boat and head out to the lake.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I think my Father in Law has a 59 F250 4x4 in his junkyard that is complete, but would need a major restore. I'll have to look at the truck better when I'm there next time. It's been sitting for a long time, but at first glance, it acutally didn't look that bad. I thought it would be a cool truck to redo.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah Buck that would be awesome if you could take a look. You don't happen to know if it's a red truck that was on ebay about 6-8 months ago do you? Odds are it's not, but I was looking at one on ebay from Minnesota and I got outbid at the last second. But it sounds almost as you describe it, everything was there, just needed some mechanical work and some bodywork. If your FIL is looking to get rid of it cheap, it might worth it. Thanks man.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
This one is down in Nebraska and I think it is white. I will be going down to Nebraska in May and I'll have a look at the truck to see what exactly it is, what year, and what not. It may be a total loss or it may not. I never really paid much attention to it except that it was the only one there and not stripped down. It's not going anywhere so when I'm down there I'll see what it is and take some pics. You never know what you can find in junkyards. He also has some other property with a couple of early 40s F-1s that I thought weren't in bad shape for restores. One had a frickin tree cave in the top, but fixable. You'd have some pretty good cash into all these trucks, but at least the trucks are there and not recycled. I thought about asking my Father-in-law to let me have a couple trucks for possible future projects. Or at least drag them out of the trees to see if they would even be worth it. They may be just junk.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright man...I appreciate it. I've been searching high and low for one and either it's a runner and waaaaaaaaaay outta my price range, or it's a project and they want like 3-5k for something that isn't worth scrap value. So any info you can get, I'd appreciate it.

Ford Truck Articles