Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

I've been doing this for 13 years....I'm not doubting tax protesters evidence, but whatever they have, it's still the law to file and pay and if you want to test it, just don't file and pay and you'll see who's right and who's wrong about what is and what isn't unconstitutional.

The IRS puts out a manual every single year (update it with new arguments) on arguments of paying taxes. The IRS since the 70's have put thousands upon thousands of people in prison EVERY SINGLE YEAR for not filing and/or not paying. Last year, they put, on average, 50 people EVERY DAY, EVERY WEEK, FOR 52 WEEKS, in prison for not filing and/or not paying.

I watched the video and am familiar with this former IRS agent, where his case is still in court.....he'll lose as with every person that has tried to fight the IRS on this issue. Notice that Congressman Ron Paul from Texas, points out that it is legal and he's not trying to buck the system, he's trying to change it, which is the right approach.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Get him Ken. Paul...go find a chicken. Remember everyone, if Wesley Snipes can go to jail for tax evasion...you can too.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^Get him Ken. Paul...go find a chicken. Remember everyone, if Wesley Snipes can go to jail for tax evasion...you can too.

Chuck Berry (4 months prison), Spiro Agnew (Nixon's Vice President of our United States-3 yrs probation), Richard Pryor (10 days jail), Willie Nelson, Pete Rose (5 months prison), Heidi Fleiss (3 years prison), Al Capone (11 years prison).....and the list goes on and on. These are of course the famous tax evasion cases. The non-famous ones are the ones I see every day; people going to jail for not filing a single years tax return; a police officer who lost his job and went to jail for not filing 2 years; dentists; auto mechanics; etc, etc, etc.

Wesley Snipes got 3 years in a federal prison, currently out on bail and his appeal case at the 11th Circuit of Appeals just ended last month.....and let's see.....he uhhhhhhh......lost and is headed to a federal prison for 3 years (He'll most likely serve 2 full years :nutkick: and get out on house arrest and work release for the last year). He showed up at his first hearing with two money orders totaling over $12 million smiliepopcorn and of course, they took it and said, thanks, but you're still going to prison and when you get out, you'll still owe us $5,000,000 in penalties and interest :nutkick: OUCH!

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Not arguing that it isn't the law, arguing that the law is unconstitutional. It assumes the government owns you and anything you make, but they allow you to keep a certain portion. The real issue either way is all the social programs and the nation building - if not for all that waste the gubbmint wouldn't need to steal your money.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Not arguing that it isn't the law, arguing that the law is unconstitutional. It assumes the government owns you and anything you make, but they allow you to keep a certain portion. The real issue either way is all the social programs and the nation building - if not for all that waste the gubbmint wouldn't need to steal your money.

Being unconstitutional has been up for debate since the income tax was incepted in 1863 and will always be debated until they're abolished, which may never happen. It's in the friggin constitution for crying out loud. But as far as what you're saying is the real issue, now that I can agree with!:shocked:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
That's ok. Obama wants to get rid of the constitution so we won't have to worry about it for long.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
There's a revolution brewing in ideas I think. Not a pick up your guns and fight revolution, because the military would slaughter us, but a revolution in the way people think about politics. I just hope the idea of following the constitution, limited federal government, strong national defense (without preemptive war, nation building, or the military establishments we have in over 100 other countries), personal liberties (the war on drugs has FAILED and will continue to fail), abolishing the federal reserve and allowing competing currencies and true free market economics, so this country can get back to thriving the way it was meant to be.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
There's a revolution brewing in ideas I think. Not a pick up your guns and fight revolution, because the military would slaughter us, but a revolution in the way people think about politics. I just hope the idea of following the constitution, limited federal government, strong national defense (without preemptive war, nation building, or the military establishments we have in over 100 other countries), personal liberties (the war on drugs has FAILED and will continue to fail), abolishing the federal reserve and allowing competing currencies and true free market economics, so this country can get back to thriving the way it was meant to be.

Revolution in ideas.....for sure. During good economic times, people don't care as much about governing. Now that things have gotten out of hand, people are starting to really think.

I have to say that I agree with every single point above. Being involved in economics and taxes most of my short career thus far, the above ideas is what got our country to where it is today in a very short period of time.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
OK, guys...this thread is getting really long, and meandering pretty far off-topic, so I'm gonna close it.

If you want to start another dentside chat, that's OK by me...but lets try to keep it at least sorta truck-related.

Not aiming this at any one person...just trying to keep the truck forums truck-related, and thread sizes manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles