Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Been out of FTF for awhile. Life got too damn busy. Finally was able to get my Blue 77 back in my garage. Been in storage at my brothers shop for the past 3 years. Damn it was nice firing it up again and taking it for a spin. Gotta do some work on it. My dual electric fans work great, however, the fuse holders and thermal controllers that came with the derale fans are not heavy enough and were melting. Gonna start over on them and rewire. I put in a bigger aluminum radiator as well.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Been out of FTF for awhile. Life got too damn busy. Finally was able to get my Blue 77 back in my garage. Been in storage at my brothers shop for the past 3 years. Damn it was nice firing it up again and taking it for a spin. Gotta do some work on it. My dual electric fans work great, however, the fuse holders and thermal controllers that came with the derale fans are not heavy enough and were melting. Gonna start over on them and rewire. I put in a bigger aluminum radiator as well.

Hey Buck....your name and truck came up in the "other" forum.....glad to see you and old blue back up here....I don't know if you remember when my dual electrics in my red 77 was melting also and I posted here on help.....I called Flexalight and they sent new updated and more heavy duty fuses and I haven't had a problem since. That was 3 or 4 years ago I believe.....anyways....good to see you back. Hope all is well. smiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogo

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again

Hey Duncan!!! I have to catch up on your build thread. I did read your chassis was collecting dust...hopefully not too much

Welcome back, Buck.

Thanks Doug.

Hey Buck....your name and truck came up in the "other" forum.....glad to see you and old blue back up here....I don't know if you remember when my dual electrics in my red 77 was melting also and I posted here on help.....I called Flexalight and they sent new updated and more heavy duty fuses and I haven't had a problem since. That was 3 or 4 years ago I believe.....anyways....good to see you back. Hope all is well. smiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogo

I remember that a bit. I am gonna redo the wiring and use heavier wiring, 75amp relays and temp switch/sensors rather than a controller and see what happens.

Welcome back!

Thanks Jasper

On a side note. I also welded in some exhaust bungs to install a couple wideband O2 gauges. Do I need em....NO, but figured why not. See if I can really dial in the tuning, plus just a cool factor I guess.

Glad to be back. Now I have to catch up on some threads.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
I replaced the fuel filler and vent hoses on the flareside. Getting ready to put plywood down in the back and figured I should do it while I can easily get to the tank.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Put 3/4" treated plywood in the bed. Looks better and is much sturdier than the ABS plastic. Also replaced the wiper blades.

I'm not sure if your truck gets to experience much weather, but be careful with the plywood in the bed if it gets rained on a lot. The plywood holds moisture and rots out the bottom of your bed. My Dad has a 73 that can attest to that!

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Good thought!

Fortunately this is a flareside and the plywood is the only bed floor. Also most of the year things have time to dry out pretty quickly after getting wet so moisture isn't as much of an issue as it can be elsewhere.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Put a tonneau cover on my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat

About a week ago I had gotten a tonneau cover for my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat, what I had bought was an access tool box edition for the 8 foot bed, for I have the tool box and Ford issue side rails and this cover I bought attached to the inside of the bed rails, so I didn't have to ditch my chrome rails. It took me a bout three hours to install, I did the installation myself, and it made a large improvement on how that truck looked.smiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
664617dc357112b8bfcd2bd38ba5cb60.jpg

32255a601e9cdc353528a54134de50c2.jpg

853acb4f2be4970f76494be10b5c1075.jpg

f4bdf63b7fe2646a9a067b28b1df9609.jpg

7fb0a55927173273fb075bdc6df9e5d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^wow....she was dirty! Took me half hour or so just to get the wheels cleaned!

Treated the vinyl, cleaned some of it up....still needs a full wax which I'll do next week maybe.....one of the small oil lines had a small leak, so that sucks, but probably normal maintenance.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Started the 79 up and let it get up to operating temperature. ...sounded good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts