Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Beautiful, Ken. I think I like the '79 better than the '77. 'hiding_smilie'

Ken :slap: Doug

In all seriousness though, I'm getting that more and more....without driving and inspecting both, it's hard to really compare the two dents!

Things that are similar that we didn't want to negotiate with when purchasing them:
-Full frame off restorations
-400, c6, np205
-6 inch lifts
-Automatic
-A/C

One thing my wife and I love about having them both, passing them down to our two boys (brothers; need I say more about competition and such?), is that both are INCREDIBLE in their own ways!

77:
1) FAR more comfortable driving down the road; was really built to drive like a modern vehicle with more insulation in the doors and dash, softer suspension, etc. While the c6, np205, and 400 will still put some modern trucks to shame in regards to working, I don't think it was built to work and won't outwork the 79 if they were both used as trucks should be used.

2) More flashy; more chrome; more showy; more high end parts like the engine build.

79:
1) LITERALLY rides like a truck should ride....when I drive the 79, I feel DIFFERENT than driving the 77 cause it feels like it should or like it was designed; is cool; feels right! It was re-built like it was originally designed to be built. It's louder, less comfortable, but rugged and can actually be worked.

3) More plain; simple; appeals to more people at first glance due to it's simplicity and the fact that it is a REAL truck.

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^My wife and I plan on sinking a few more bucks into the 79 to try and make the deal a little more equitable among the boys:

-may clean up the engine bay a little; some chrome parts, wire covers, etc.
-will add a much better stereo system

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
soooo......how much was the selling price?
jk :)
Oh boy what a truck! I'm smiling and I don't even get to drive it! Darn you Ken, hahaha!

Haha...thanks Roy! We feel pretty blessed for sure!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken :slap: Doug

In all seriousness though, I'm getting that more and more....without driving and inspecting both, it's hard to really compare the two dents!

Things that are similar that we didn't want to negotiate with when purchasing them:
-Full frame off restorations
-400, c6, np205
-6 inch lifts
-Automatic
-A/C

One thing my wife and I love about having them both, passing them down to our two boys (brothers; need I say more about competition and such?), is that both are INCREDIBLE in their own ways!

77:
1) FAR more comfortable driving down the road; was really built to drive like a modern vehicle with more insulation in the doors and dash, softer suspension, etc. While the c6, np205, and 400 will still put some modern trucks to shame in regards to working, I don't think it was built to work and won't outwork the 79 if they were both used as trucks should be used.

2) More flashy; more chrome; more showy; more high end parts like the engine build.

79:
1) LITERALLY rides like a truck should ride....when I drive the 79, I feel DIFFERENT than driving the 77 cause it feels like it should or like it was designed; is cool; feels right! It was re-built like it was originally designed to be built. It's louder, less comfortable, but rugged and can actually be worked.

3) More plain; simple; appeals to more people at first glance due to it's simplicity and the fact that it is a REAL truck.

Forgot to add P/S and P/B to the must have list.....remembered it as I drove it to breakfast this morning! smilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
The '79 does NOT have power steering, power brakes???? I believe those both came standard with the 4WD option starting in 1979......., unless somebody added a delete package.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The '79 does NOT have power steering, power brakes???? I believe those both came standard with the 4WD option starting in 1979......., unless somebody added a delete package.

It has it....I was just saying that I forgot to add those two things to the "non-negotiable features" when we were shopping for both dents.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
8aa1e618f6eb6dfc90dc239e66b8f91e.jpg

f5c821a777e760ef0d163a8a44703bf9.jpg

Warming up this morning....a little chilly at 39, but not bad....was able to go for a decent 30 minute one way drive for breakfast to stretch its legs......runs incredible!

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
For a second, I thought that was smoke off of the tires......:D
Haha.....I thought that also, but you guys know I don't drive my rigs like that. [emoji33]

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
4f5aeeda7197bfe2445881dd9bab1e98.jpg

cf75da4bbc6860eddd592cb9a4a07662.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
db8f455866474e37d7d72953fe1241d9.jpg

cfeee0b59219e5d21c23c754a5f0972b.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Pretty cool. Blake's only up to the bumper, still. He's got a way to go yet. :)

Yup! :)

Nice & shiney ,ready for some beautiful weather!...:drool:

Both rigs got an exterior 80% (my standards) detail....both were so dirty sitting in cold storage all winter.....I'd love to detail the engine bays some day....not enough time.

The boys are getting big. Beautiful trucks as always.

Thanks Randy...goes by fast...yesterday when I opened up the 79 a little to go to breakfast, I had some CD's playing that had all the music you sent me a few years ago....don't know if you remember that.....pretty cool; brought back some good memories (from the late 80's) as well as when I first became a member on here before either of the boys (now age 5 and 3) were born!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Great pictures Ken.

Thanks Roy....not sure if you remember the license plate poll I put up....we eventually (as you can see) went with their names.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Yup! :)

Both rigs got an exterior 80% (my standards) detail....both were so dirty sitting in cold storage all winter.....I'd love to detail the engine bays some day....not enough time.

Thanks Randy...goes by fast...yesterday when I opened up the 79 a little to go to breakfast, I had some CD's playing that had all the music you sent me a few years ago....don't know if you remember that.....pretty cool; brought back some good memories (from the late 80's) as well as when I first became a member on here before either of the boys (now age 5 and 3) were born!

I remember that, just doesn't seem that long ago. How the years fly by. Since my kids are grown and gone it seems harder to track time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles