Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
:( Nothing! I've been driving a not ford that I bought for a "work vehicle", so I've been putting some miles on it to make sure it's road worthy.

Last edited:

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Nothing!! My Dent is away for the winter, so there is no therapy sessions, for I consider my Dent as my therapist, and either driving or cruisin' or even working on my Dent very therapeutic, after a long hard FTFed up day at work and school. But spring isn't too far away. Ones got to be positive this time of year.:):)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
:( Nothing! I've been driving a not ford that I bought for a "work vehicle", so I've been putting some miles on it to make sure it's road worthy.

DITTO :(

Nothing!! My Dent is away for the winter, so there is no therapy sessions, for I consider my Dent as my therapist, and either driving or cruisin' or even working on my Dent very therapeutic, after a long hard FTFed up day at work and school. But spring isn't too far away. Ones got to be positive this time of year.:):)

DITTO :(

smilieIagreesmiliewhathesaid

I thought about it!

loaded about a ton of cdx in it to get it off the shop floor so I can get a scissor lift in to do lighting. First time I've seen this one squat.

I finished up fabricating and installing my turnover - ball setup in my 77 camper special. Going to go get the horse trailer tomorrow to adjust everything to ride level.
uploadfromtaptalk1453771813363.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453771824994.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

plates

waited at the courthouse and got collector plates.

after that i have x3 what big jim said. it to cold to work on the truck, but not to cold to make money working on other thing to pay for the truck :(

Love the pic ,its how it should be!....smilieFordlogo

Thanks! I treat it right and maintain it well, but at the end of the day, it is exactly to me what it was designed to be. A work truck. I daily drive it, hunt with it, tow whatever I want with it, and it delivers everytime. Just as reliable as my 08 6.4, and costs me a whole lot less per month. But when it comes to tearing it up in deep snow, you can't beat the ol 85 toyota

Started her up and idled for a minute and ran out of gas... so ill have to get gas before i come back up.

uploadfromtaptalk1457499696916.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457499756410.jpg
Hauled some gluelams last weekend to use in the barn for stall walls. Calculator shows front to back axles as I rolled across the scales.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^Dang, that is a big trailer....

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Hooked up the vacuum lines for the preheat tube door actuator. It actually worked after all this time, lol.

Truck handled it pretty well too. The rear was in a low spot in the picture, it actually sat pretty level. Trailer is 35' on the deck with the tail up. 8000# empty. And it tows so nice

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Love the working pics of your truck!

Is there anything you won't/haven't hooked up to?

Love the working pics of your truck!

Is there anything you won't/haven't hooked up to?
Thanks. The credit goes to the pickup, it does me proud.

As far as things I would tow with it- I would never do anything that would hurt the truck as far as too much weight on the frame, or tow something I couldn't stop in a reasonable distance. That being said, I have a 460 that runs great, a built C6 that takes no prisoners, a 4.10 Dana 70 with big ass brakes all around, 3 different trailers with good brakes on them, and a good knowledge of how to do things correctly. Admittedly, 18k slowed me down on some of the bigger hills on the interstate, but that is to be expected. Never once did I feel unsafe, or that the truck couldn't handle it. I don't know if I would ever push it up to 30k or more like I do with my 6.4 (08 powerstroke, completely different story), but certainly I will continue to use my 77 as it was intended, a work truck.uploadfromtaptalk1457586247679.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1457586384826.jpg
Oh yeah. And I rounded up a matching hood and put that on today.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
View attachment 4059
Oh yeah. And I rounded up a matching hood and put that on today.

That's awesome.....really, really looks good...you'll have to get some better pictures of that.....I can see this as a Truck of Month some day! :wasntme:

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Thanks. The credit goes to the pickup, it does me proud.

As far as things I would tow with it- I would never do anything that would hurt the truck as far as too much weight on the frame, or tow something I couldn't stop in a reasonable distance. That being said, I have a 460 that runs great, a built C6 that takes no prisoners, a 4.10 Dana 70 with big ass brakes all around, 3 different trailers with good brakes on them, and a good knowledge of how to do things correctly. Admittedly, 18k slowed me down on some of the bigger hills on the interstate, but that is to be expected. Never once did I feel unsafe, or that the truck couldn't handle it. I don't know if I would ever push it up to 30k or more like I do with my 6.4 (08 powerstroke, completely different story), but certainly I will continue to use my 77 as it was intended, a work truck.View attachment 4058

You've got a great truck and you are taking care of it and using it the right way. That makes all the difference. There are some working dents around here but none in the great condition yours is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts