Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

This spring:

IMG_0226.jpg

Currently :(

Picture002-2.jpg

Wow, thats awesome. I love the colours.

Is that a vespa? any more photos of that?

Thanks guys! I need to hang around here more often!

The moped is a Honda Jazz, actually... It's for sale! I could post another picture for you later Andy.. It's nothing special though.

Hi everyone. I think that this is my first post and wanted to thank everyone for letting me lurk for the past year or so. My truck isn't finished yet, but I thought I would post a few partially completed pictures. It was my Pop's truck and I decided to restore it after he passed away. I have absolutely NNNNOOOOOO experience tearing anything apart and putting it back together but this truck has been a nice learning experience. It is a 2WD 1977 F-150 with a 460 and a C6 tranny. I rebuilt the engine and transmission myself just to see if I could. How well I did has yet to be seen, but it shouldn't be very much longer before I fire it up for the first time. Thanks again for letting me hide around the corners and learn from you guys. Take care all.

DadsTruck001.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy crap...quite the transformation. Quite the way to remeber the old man, I'm sure he's smiling.

primetime

sawmill slave
Hi everyone. I think that this is my first post and wanted to thank everyone for letting me lurk for the past year or so. My truck isn't finished yet, but I thought I would post a few partially completed pictures. It was my Pop's truck and I decided to restore it after he passed away. I have absolutely NNNNOOOOOO experience tearing anything apart and putting it back together but this truck has been a nice learning experience. It is a 2WD 1977 F-150 with a 460 and a C6 tranny. I rebuilt the engine and transmission myself just to see if I could. How well I did has yet to be seen, but it shouldn't be very much longer before I fire it up for the first time. Thanks again for letting me hide around the corners and learn from you guys. Take care all.

DadsTruck001.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg

Me likey. Alot.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thank you everyone. I was lucky with the colors. I have no talent for picking such things. The only constraint that I had was that Dad always had a red truck, so I wanted to continue the tradition. I chose House of Kolor's Apple Red over Orion Silver. As for the rest, it is just stuff I bought and put on. I guess anyone could do it if I did. If the engine and transmission work, I will be more than pleased. Like I said, last year, I hadn't even rebuilt a carburetor. I had the heads ported and polished with a valve job and the machine work was professionally done, as well as the paint, but everything else, I have done by myself. I just hope it runs when I turn the ignition in a week or so. I was surprised when the digital gauges and all the lights lit up nice and pretty like they were supposed to. Although it doesn't much resemble the truck my Father drove when he was alive, it is his and I think of him every time I look at it. Again, thank you all for your kindness.

Also, I'm not very familiar with Duncan, but below is a link to my photobucket site where he, or anyone else can view 324 pictures of the "transformation" of Pop's truck. It shows the Dakota Digital gauge install and the Painless wiring install as well as the 460 engine install and several other handy things someone might need. I probably have another 500 or so not on photobucket if someone needs one of anything in particular. Just let me know if I can help. Maybe I can help someone not make the same mistakes I did along the way. Thanks again.

http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n573/MAULMAUL/

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts