Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

NC Chat

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
OK. So all of Ben's posts trying to create some conversation kinda didn't work. So now I'll try, and probably be disapointed when nobody posts, but that can't be helped.

The idea is to talk about NC, the things in NC, places you've been in NC, etc.

I'll go first.

If you like mexican food, and are ever in the High Point area, check out one of the 4 "La Hacienda Restaurante Mexicano"s in the area.

Also, have you ever been to the Bass Pro Shops/Outdoor World by the speedway? cool place...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Never been to the Mexican place, but I've spent more money than I care to remember in Bass Pro. Just bought a pair of Red Head Tree Stand II's there over Christmas. I've been to Bass Pro's in a couple other places, and I have to say the service and knowledge of the folks at ours is 2nd to none.

You ever eaten at La Blonde Brazillian Steak House in Greensboro? It's $25 a person. But they have 12 different steaks, 8 different poultries, 8 different porks and 6 other meats. They also have an appetizer bar with fresh mozza balls, shrimp and lobster. They bring the meat to the table and you pick what you want. It's all you can eat. Word from the wise though...it's fairly fancy, me and my family didn't realize that until we walked in the door and realized there were folks in full suits. Well worth it if you like to eat meat...just be sure to bring your appetite.

Anyone here been to the drive-ins at Badin? I love it. You get 2 sometimes 3 feature films for $5 a person. It's an amazing experience and I try to go once a month during the summer.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Never been to that steak outfit - sounds GREAT!

Driven by the drive in at badin, and a few others out in the country, but never been. Sounds cool though.

Ever been to Lexington BBQ?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah, the steak place is great, and I highly recommend it. I also recommend yaking your girl to the drive-ins. Very romatic, watch the sun set, and put blankets down in the bed of the truck...basically screams I'm a romatic...haha. Yeah, I've been to Lexinton BBQ...it was good, but not as good as some of the hole in the wall places I've been. I was really expecting it to be 'die and go to Heaven' good for all the accolades, press and awards they get.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Yeah, but now you can say 'I've been there'...

Accordin' to my mom, the first time I was there, I was like a year old.

They asked me if I wanted hushpuppies, and I cracked up laughing...

Don't know why.

2HI2CU

North Carolina Chapter member
NC
What's up NC? (like theres a bunch of us here:rofl: )

I've never been to Lexington BBQ,but I'd find it tough to beat the little place here in Statesvegas!! It's called Port A Pit BBQ,they're only open to the public on wed. and fridays. The other days the cater to fund raising under their official name...Koala-T catering......now I think their bbq IS to die for,especially their ribs...mmmm

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Port-A-Pit...now that's pretty good. My Dad always finds out every couple of weeks what churches are doing fund raisers because they always do Port-A-Pit.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright fellas...now that you're fingers have thawed out some, let's get typing. Anybody going to the gun show this weekend in Greensboro?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
SOOOOOOOOO...you guys thawing out? A nice warm week...and can you believe they're saying that central NC is gonna get 6-8" of snow!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't buy it...what do you guys think? They say it's supposed to rain then get cold enough for snow...I say they'll be lucky to get 2" of accumulation.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I'm not thawing out because I'm no longer in NC, but I'll continue to add worthlessness to the NC chapter anyway...

And if central NC gets 8" of the white stuff I'll eat my hat. There's no way in hell that it'll snow that much. They'll probably be lucky to get a dusting...

By contrast, we just got 6-8" of snow here in Montana and it was no big deal... and it's going to be 5 degrees tonight and 6" of snow, and in other news, the bla bla bla...

NBD...

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I'm not thawing out because I'm no longer in NC, but I'll continue to add worthlessness to the NC chapter anyway...

And if central NC gets 8" of the white stuff I'll eat my hat. There's no way in hell that it'll snow that much. They'll probably be lucky to get a dusting...

By contrast, we just got 6-8" of snow here in Montana and it was no big deal... and it's going to be 5 degrees tonight and 6" of snow, and in other news, the bla bla bla...

NBD...

No don't eat your hat..... I will send you mine it has been fermenting.smilietease

Useless post:

I wish I could go to Mayberry... (I know it doesnt exist... :p)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts