Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking about HID Conversion

watch shipping - $75 shipped

still sounds pretty good. looks like an easy install too (even for me)

Michigan
Wow i seriously am thinking about that also!

the one listing looks like you can pick "color temperature" too. that'd be cool if you could find a color/tint to match your truck...or just stick with white

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah that guy that has them on the other site has 10,000k color temp, and his looks very nice. Real bright white almost blue. I think that's what I'll go for.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Here's his truck, hopefully he won't mind me using the pic. ME LIKEY!!

HID.jpg

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Wait for Storm to see this, I think he's done that once and didn't like it. Maybe it wasn't Storm, but I remember someone doing a post of converting and they really hated it. There was no low or high beam, it was only one beam if memory serves. I'll try and find that post on the "other" site. It was actually a good write-up, if it's still there.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Then you'll be that jackass with a lifted truck and stupidly bright, blinding headlamps. Yet another reason I'm glad you're 3000+ miles away. smilietease

Seriously, though- buddy had a Caddy with some sort of fancy, bluish-purple headlights. They were "bright" but I hated driving the car at night- something about the color just weirded me out.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well I've driven cars with the HIDs and I LOVE the light that they put out. My headlights are wayyy to dim, can't see anything at night unless I turn my brights on. And yes, they're aimed correctly.

Plus I just don't like that brown/yellow light that they put out. It dates the truck.

if you drive next to someone with HIDs, their light looks like sunlight, your light looks like a child's flashlight with a yellow ziploc bag over it

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
I like the Hid's, first thing I am gonna do is the clear lenses, then do the conversion, reason is I want to see what my lights I have now look like with a cleaner lens.

I like the Hid's, first thing I am gonna do is the clear lenses, then do the conversion, reason is I want to see what my lights I have now look like with a cleaner lens.
yea, i was just reading on a mustang site about how without a clear lens it totally scatters the light. that means less light and blinding everyone even in the oncoming lanes

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Why don't you do what I did...the heavy duty headlight harness from LMC...cost 30 bucks......I have the silverstar HID bulbs in (white light because I hate the blue tint...can't see anything) it's bright as all git out...JMT

JR

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'd like to see what your headlights look like Junior. Could you take a picture of it at dusk when its starting to get dark outside? (like the picture above).

I was talkin' to the owner of that truck and he actually bought an expensive kit on ebay for like $200-300+. So now I don't know if I can trust those cheaper kits...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You could take a pic now, maybe I can see the color of them.

To change your time zone:

->User CP
->Edit options
->Date and Time section
->Change your time zone to GMT -5:00 Eastern Time.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Here ya go...guess I will have ti figure somethin ekse out cuz I tried to take some from inside and it didn't show worth a damn...sorry bud...but here's one.I was impressed with em.Now if I can remember the img tags lol.

JR

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts