Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

who has a sagging front bumper? let's race

well, maybe not race b/c i'll lose.

anyway, mine now sags too and i'm lacking motivation to fix it. who else has one and would like to join the contest of fixing it ASAP? (skan?) :)

doubtful i'll win, it's cold and rainy here and looks like it'll stay that way for quite some time.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sagging? Nah... Crooked, yes sir.

Happened when I rear ended someone. Surprisingly, no damage to the bumper, just bent it backwards. I'm gonna try to space it out with some washers (Larry's suggestion). Here's a few good angles of the 'sagging' I've got goin' on.

Image528.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Where's your pic Tom?

I think we should also have a 'most dented tailgate panel' contest. Seems like all these trucks came with dented tailgate panels from the factory, or so one might think....

I'll start:
TruckMedium.jpg

The pic only shows that big one above the FORD letters but I've also got 2 others big ones. One happened when my brother set a beer bottle on center portion of my bumper, then I lower the tailgate directly onto the mouth of the beer bottle. Made a nice little ring shaped mark :headbang:

Last edited:
Nice shop in that pic there Skan.... Damn.. lift and all.YelloThumbUp

FWIW.. you should be able to straighten the bumper just by loosening the mounting bracket bolts, some of the holes are slotted and give you quite a bit of wiggle room.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Nice shop in that pic there Skan.... Damn.. lift and all.YelloThumbUp
Thanks. Belongs to a family friend up the street. My brother and I are free to use it whenever we want :)

conanski said:
FWIW.. you should be able to straighten the bumper just by loosening the mounting bracket bolts, some of the holes are slotted and give you quite a bit of wiggle room.
Already tried that. Someone told me about that before (I think it was you) so I had a look and there are no slots that allow the bumper to rotate forward the way it needs to be moved.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
My 1st front bumper the whole bottom lip was rotted out, but it was still on good some how, yea i had a huge dent in my 1st tailgate, lets see if I can find a pic of it. New tailgate is just missin all the metal on the bottom, but that nice aluminum planel covers it up nicely. Here are some pics. Oh yea new front bumper was painted with like 10 coats of rust paint, and i used stainless steel bolts to hold the brackets on, so mine should be good forever.

Here is the newer tailgate, with aluminum panel to hide all the missin metal on the bottom lol.
1995FordF350RearWashed.jpg

Here is my factory dented one.
1995FordF350RR.jpg

Cant find any of the front bumper.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
my front one use to be crooked as well. and then i fixed it, went to re-installed it. Realized i didn't have those factory bolts. So i made it work. Now its loose and i cant get to the bolt with a wrench to hold it while i tighten it. So when i hit big bumps the bumper comes up, vertically about a half inch. Cant really hear it over the other rattles tho.

The rear bumper is a different story.
Hooking a chain up to the frame and when the chain comes under tension its pushes on the bottom lip of the bumper. Eventually breaking the tack welds, the stainless steel step bumper is just a sheet of stainless tacked onto a big half pipe. The only thing helping you in a crash is where your hitch mounts...the rest you can bent fairly easily. Ive re welded mine about 6 times.

My panel is actually in great shape. I don't know how they dented the tailgate behind it without getting it. Ive seen about a million of hour trucks with a half rounded dent in the top of the tail gate. From the usual, i had the tail gate down and i backed into _____ w/e.

Already tried that. Someone told me about that before (I think it was you) so I had a look and there are no slots that allow the bumper to rotate forward the way it needs to be moved.
Is your bumper(the chrome part) attached directly to the front of the frame, or are there some additional brackets that come back beside the frame and get bolted on through the side? Both my trucks are older than yours so maybe the bumper mounting is completely different.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
its not broken! my truck just has a smerk!

n501192138_559337_5838-1.jpg

ok so it is a broken mount.... im going to fix it soon...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Our style front bumpers have 2 mounts that go across the bumper gap, then this wierd 2 bolt thing that hold it 2 brackets on the front of the frame. Ugh yea if that helped any.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey Ryan, was your bumper actually CROOKED like mine? Or did it just slide down on those brackets and hang lower to the ground than it was supposed to?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
it was just sagging. It was still level, but it slid and hit the bottom of the hanger brackets.

Ryan
Oh okay, then that's a different problem than mine... See I think I BENT those brackets with the long bolt holes in them... Actually, I'm not quite sure what I bent. I plan on taking the bumper off soon to take a look. Just can't make time for it!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts