Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Best Restaurants in NC

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey fellas...just figured maybe we could put together a list of great restaurants in NC...anything from little holes in the wall up to 5 star restaurants.

Hap's Grill- Great place for burgers and hot dogs, in Salisbury, hole in the wall, $1 a dog...1.50 a burger.

Gas 'N Go- great dogs...gas station in Granite Quarry, 1.25 a dog

Smiley's- stuffed pizza, in Welcome, $22 a pizza...but well worth it, believe it's $3 a slice.

Johnny's- BBQ place, Rockwell...great chilli

Wink's- upper class BBQ, Salisbury, great fish/BBQ/Steak

Jay Bee's- dogs/burgers...Statesville

Rooster's- Charlotte...fancy place with with home cooking

Christo's- Salisbury and Lexington...best wings I've ever had...GREAT Mediterranean (Greek Italian food)

Le Blon- Greensboro...Brazilian steakhouse...the bring out 20 different meats on skewers, you pick what you want, and it's all you can eat. but it's $30 a person...definitely worth it if you're a true carnivore

Monterrey's- Great cheap Mexican food...Salisbury

Well that's all I got for now...add on to my list fellas.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well I wouldnt know any there but heres some that I like around here.
Training Table best cheese fries Ive ever had.

Used to be a place called River Queen but they shut it down.

Golden Tree Cafe if ya love real greasy chinese food.

Chuck A Rama its a all you can eat buffet with really good food.

Golden Corral a nice sit down restraunt for the family.

I know thers others but either I cant remember the names of em.

Theres also lots of Chilis and Applebees and Wingers and stuff like that around here.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
2 months ago...I believe my family goes once every couple of weeks though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah I saw Brad posted that...but never even heard about it until that post.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Hey fellas...just figured maybe we could put together a list of great restaurants in NC...anything from little holes in the wall up to 5 star restaurants.

Hap's Grill- Great place for burgers and hot dogs, in Salisbury, hole in the wall, $1 a dog...1.50 a burger.

Gas 'N Go- great dogs...gas station in Granite Quarry, 1.25 a dog

Smiley's- stuffed pizza, in Welcome, $22 a pizza...but well worth it, believe it's $3 a slice.

Johnny's- BBQ place, Rockwell...great chilli

Wink's- upper class BBQ, Salisbury, great fish/BBQ/Steak

Jay Bee's- dogs/burgers...Statesville

Rooster's- Charlotte...fancy place with with home cooking

Christo's- Salisbury and Lexington...best wings I've ever had...GREAT Mediterranean (Greek Italian food)

Le Blon- Greensboro...Brazilian steakhouse...the bring out 20 different meats on skewers, you pick what you want, and it's all you can eat. but it's $30 a person...definitely worth it if you're a true carnivore

Monterrey's- Great cheap Mexican food...Salisbury

Well that's all I got for now...add on to my list fellas.

The one when you're heading south on 85, get off in salisbury andtake a left, it's about .5 mi on the right?

Yeah I saw Brad posted that...but never even heard about it until that post.

It's on the outskirts of mooresville... driven by it many times...

Also, I have to add another great cheap mexican outfit in the triad area: La Hacienda. My favorite restaurant of all time.

Also, if you like chinese, there's several good chnese places in NC, I can't name tham all here though...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The one when you're heading south on 85, get off in salisbury andtake a left, it's about .5 mi on the right?

It's on the outskirts of mooresville... driven by it many times...

Also, I have to add another great cheap mexican outfit in the triad area: La Hacienda. My favorite restaurant of all time.

Also, if you like chinese, there's several good chnese places in NC, I can't name tham all here though...

Yes that Monterrey's...I prefer the one out by the mall though, owned by the same people...but the folks at the mall give me a frequent customer discount...haha.

As for Shortbed's...hmmmm...I'm in or around Mooresville quite often, I'll have to find it.

As for chinese...not a fan of the food, but you're right tooooons of places.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Yes that Monterrey's...I prefer the one out by the mall though, owned by the same people...but the folks at the mall give me a frequent customer discount...haha.

As for Shortbed's...hmmmm...I'm in or around Mooresville quite often, I'll have to find it.

As for chinese...not a fan of the food, but you're right tooooons of places.

yeah tons of Chinese places all with a low A or B grades

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I thought alllllllllll restaurants had a minimum score they had to meet in order to serve food, can't remember the exact number but I thought it was in the B range...if it was lower than that, within reason (like C range), the establishment had a certain amount of time to clean up their act and then they would be regraded. Then I thought if they were just too bad they were instantly closed down.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I thought alllllllllll restaurants had a minimum score they had to meet in order to serve food, can't remember the exact number but I thought it was in the B range...if it was lower than that, within reason (like C range), the establishment had a certain amount of time to clean up their act and then they would be regraded. Then I thought if they were just too bad they were instantly closed down.

Heck I don't think it's bad at all Ben. Some of the A grade places need to shut down.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
What was the name?

China Garden I think?

If you're heading north on I85 from Lexington, get off in T'ville at the NC109 T'ville/Denton exit.

Go left. Take a right at the Hess into that shopping center.

It's straight ahead in the sc near the corner by the DMV office...

EDIT: It's brutal Goose. Took alot of getting used to...

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
China Garden I think?

If you're heading north on I85 from Lexington, get off in T'ville at the NC109 T'ville/Denton exit.

Go left. Take a right at the Hess into that shopping center.

It's straight ahead in the sc near the corner by the DMV office...

EDIT: It's brutal Goose. Took alot of getting used to...

Yeah I know where you are talking about they do not do a lot of Business.

We had a Vietnamese Restaurant here in Lexington where they caught the owner serving cats and dogs he ran before they could arrest him. People were complaining that their pets were missing too many for the police to ignore. Had a girl that was going to truck driving school with a bunch of us,and she came back from lunch and said she went there to eat.I asked her how did spot taste it took a few minutes then she got sick.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts