Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ZF Transmission

Fellro

Staff member
On a gas motor I don't think there is any difference on the flywheel or clutch disc, and doubt the pressure palte is any different. throwout likely will be trans specific.Pilot bushing/bearing should also be the same. Pedal mounts are different between 83-86 and the 87-later trucks.

HazzardMadWolf

Go Fast Turn Left
I figure with the c-6 in it all ready it has a flexplate so I'll need a flywheel. The donor truck is the same year as mine '85 so the pedals ought to work just fine, and that's good news.

Fellro

Staff member
It is hard to say if the firewall fix was done to your donor, but if not, you will want to reinforce the area that the master cylinder attaches to. If the update was done, there should be a plate up around where the clutch master bolts up. You will see two bolts right around the master studs on the outside, and a plate on the inside. Otherwise there are a few out there still available from the Ford dealers for around $15.

HazzardMadWolf

Go Fast Turn Left
yeah I read about that on this site some where else... thanks for the reminder, I have not looked yet to see if the donor has the update, but i will.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts