Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

yet another WTF is that?

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
ok so i finally replaced my door switch for the buzzer when the lights are on and the dome light when the doors open. what does this switch do? i tried looking it up on alldata(almost data...) and couldn't find a thing. anybody know what it does?

oh and don't mind the rot/rust hole.....its just spray on rust:wasntme:

1202081721.jpg

Last edited:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
isnt it the light switch? you know like refrigirators have them when its pusshed the light is off and when it comes out light goes on.. ?

on the side note.. PUSH ITTTTTTTTT!!!!! oooooooooooooooooooo what does this button doo?? KABOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I don't have a clue what it does, but I DO think it's factory. Dug out a pic of my aunt's '89 F-150, and it has a switch in the same location (on the passenger's side). I guess I just always assumed it was for the dome light.

*FWIW, her truck is an XLT Lariat, too.

I don't have a clue what it does, but I DO think it's factory. Dug out a pic of my aunt's '89 F-150, and it has a switch in the same location (on the passenger's side). I guess I just always assumed it was for the dome light.

*FWIW, her truck is an XLT Lariat, too.

My truck is an 89 XLT Lariat, same engine even, Im just too lazy to go outside and check. I dont even remember what that does.... :rolling laugh: :wasntme:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts