Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Yea or Nay?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
http://www.preownedtruckstore.com/vehicle/3421125/1995-FORD-F250-XLT-CARTERSVILLE-Georgia-30120

3421125_9e899446-b0ce-4d4d-9336-7ccc6f81ad49.jpg

:drool: :drool: definately YEA

A good indication that it's been wrecked and not fixed properly is that it has the wrong front bumper on it....... PSD's were vented for the charge air cooler similar to the way the ecoboost is today.

example:

A3180A.JPG

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
HELL NO... it looks great.. but has alot of ? marks.. just like what brad brought up. but the interior is completely mismatch. XLT's for the most part if not all the time never came with vinyl floor mats.. the rear bench and front buckets dont match material wise. Engine is all prettied up and shined up which means they are likely trying to hide something.. and front bumper is incorrect.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Well book is only 1800-3500 and trade in value is $900.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
i agree with F150 above pricey & mileage...with that said tho,there is always someone willing to pay it.truck looks very clean & unabused.if it was me..i would drive it for a bit in 2 & 4wd see how it acts & drives, listen for any noises, & clunks of any kind.feel out the transmission 200k is a lot of miles on an automatic especially in a 4 wheeler.check the trans fluid & smell it for a burnt oder.it should be pink,not brown. see if there are any braking issues. i would also plead my case as far as the age & mileage & see if they will deal. with a 8k price im not sure where they are getting their numbers from..the truck is way over priced.that crossed out retail price is a lure to attract a buyer, i use to work in a used car lot...i almost bet you,they have no more than 5k in it.if that,keep in mind if you buy it Book value comes into play & you will have to keep it for some time to get your $$$$$ out of it.the choice is yours..Good luck!...Bob

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
Pricetag is way out of the ball park for what it should be. The engine being clean doesn't mean squat since it is a dealer, it means they cleaned it like is standard policy at most dealers. Think about it, if you went to a dealership, popped the hood, and saw a cruddy looking motor, would you think "what a piece!"? It is standard for them to detail a vehicle, so I don't see washing it as any kind of issue. I would do the same if I was trying to sell any vehicle, as it just makes a better presentation, it isn't hiding anything. Sometimes washing will show more than leaving it dirty.

Any dealer is there for one thing, to make money. Personally, he's way too high on the price, but that's so he can "negotiate" a little and make the (clueless) buyer think they have gotten a decent deal, meanwhile he has only slightly cut into his profit margin. I would say "Nay" and get a truck off of a private citizen even if it meant I had to travel a little further.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
1. Diesel trucks bring the world, and that bodystyle powerstroke will bring the moon. Book is meaningless.

That being said- Suburban Ford up in Sandy had a '96 PSD Supercab. 100K miles, Dk Green, XLT, full load and bone stock (and yes, that makes it worth much more). I'd call it as close to new as you could expect a 15 yr old pickup to be. $21,995 was the asking price, and it didn't last through the weekend.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
1. Diesel trucks bring the world, and that bodystyle powerstroke will bring the moon. Book is meaningless.

That being said- Suburban Ford up in Sandy had a '96 PSD Supercab. 100K miles, Dk Green, XLT, full load and bone stock (and yes, that makes it worth much more). I'd call it as close to new as you could expect a 15 yr old pickup to be. $21,995 was the asking price, and it didn't last through the weekend.

Both PT Barnum & Steve Jobs were right, There is a sucker born every minute. :suspicious:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I too, learned alot reading this thread, but around these parts...the gen 9's are gold. A relatively beaten 4x4 truck with high miles will put you in the 5-7k range and more for the diesel premium.

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
Was talking to my boss about finally getting the truck tomorrow and I asked about his big Ford (wondered if it was a Powerstroke)

It wasn't but I've never heard the man drool before when I said "diesel powerstroke". Guess they're quite wanted up here too. (north of PolarBear)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts