Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Y pipe for 74 F100 360

I ordered a Walker Y Pipe Part No 40516 from Advance Auto Parts for a 74 F100 360 2 wheel drive and it is only half of the Y and connects to the left manifold. Every place I have checked lists that same part as the Y pipe including Walkers web site. I'm not having much luck finding the other half for the other manifold. While playing with years, I came up with a Walker 42371 that according to NAPA's cross reference fits 68-72 and 75. What doesn't make since to me is it is supposed to fit a 75 but not 73-74 or 76-77.
Does anyone know for sure what the correct part is or why this would fit a 75 only and not the other years?

Thanks Matt. What I was asking was if anyone knew if the part I listed does indeed fit the 75 as well as the 68-72 as the NAPA cross reference states and what if any reason it won't fit the 73-74 and 76-77 360/390. The part is available from NAPA and I have already ordered it. The truck is in Fl and I am in Ga. My brother is fixing the exaust before he drives the truck up to me. I'm just trying to find out if I have either wasted my money or if I may have found a fix that might work for someone else.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts