Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wutcha Think?

Michigan
Ive always wanted to see what my truck would look like with blacked out front headlights... Not to much of a fan of them, especially the ones ive seen sell on ebay. But tonight i came across a 3 piece set that really caught my eye. Not really black black, but its the crystal style that i like.. What do u guys think?

blkheadlight.gif

hl_f15092smkset.jpg

Michigan
If you block off one side with your hand, then switch to the other, you really see the difference. The more i look at it the more i like em. Especially with my light bar and lights..

Michigan
Good lookin out il see if they are. I love my headlights now, but i like these as well. So im pretty much in the same shoes as u guys. One thing has me kinda sketchy on these lights. Check out the brochure picture. See where the back edge of the corner light and bumper light meet. Aint that suppose to be flush instead of a OOO lets say quarter inch step on the bumper light.

Michigan
Yea il have to look in the morning... Seams Fishy

Michigan
O i would defiantly have my stock lights on standby lol

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
When not on truck the oem lights I have on shielf dont line up ether. (on truck they have small gap between bumper light head light . will not look as bad.

I'v had lots aftermarket lights . None 2 bad . I do like the tinted better than clear 1's thought of getting myself as mine r foging bad.

I really prefer the look of the stock lights, but its your truck. Its wierd on that pic that you posted, it kinda makes the front end look like an early 90s Dakota... :p [confused]

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I say go for it. I like them and you can't go by a photoshop image to get the full effect. If they are cheap enough then you could buy them and if you don't like them, sell 'em. Hell I might buy em from ya if you don't like them. I think they would look sharp on my FIL's truck!

if you want my .02 just get the black out GTS covers.. i dont like the euro look.. tryin to make an american muscle look like an import.. the lights were a phase around here.. i had the euro tails on mine for 2 days then put the OE's back on..

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I like them. They are the ones ill be gettin for my truck eventually. My buddy had the all clear ones on his 95 bronk and they looked killer. Euro tails always look funny.

it also depepnds on the color of your truck too.. on mine, no euro lights look good on mine.. with a black one id just get the black out lenses.. or by some tint and do something custom with it

Michigan
I like the looks of my Euro (I guess you could call em that) I say they are blacked out taillights. But with a black truck it makes everything flow IMO. Chrome euro lights are just nasty...

I thought about just getting the crystal headlights and clear bumper lights for my truck, but i really like the smoked style.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Smoked are sick, clear are sick. Ur truck is black so the smoked ones will look SUPER SICK

The only problem your gonna run into is they r not gonna have a concentrated beam with these lights,if you look at your stock lights at the top inside they have a little chrome mirror looking peice of metal that reflects the light from the bulb to the rest of the chrome in the head light to focus the beam. the only way to fix this is pull the lenses off the lights and put your stock ones in the smoked lights. but just my .02 cents worth.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts