Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

wrekn yard finds

hi im new here. i went out and braved the heat and went to a local wrecking yard this morning looing for a seat for my 76 f-150 regular cab. i found 3 76-79 crew cabs and one had a beutiful seat. i changed the tracks and put it in man is it nice. the tracks are for sale in the classified section. anyway that yard is cheap

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Care to share where that wrecking yard is at? I know there are quite a few folks that would kill to get their hands on crew parts. As for a good pick, I say there's nothing better than finding good OEM parts for cheap that will go right in to your rig.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I love going to wrecking yards,but i've pretty much exhausted all the local ones of anything I need.:(

Good find though man!I've always been told to look in the crew cabs for seats since there's a chance barely anybody sat in them.

Did any of those crews have tu-tone molding or any molding for that matter?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Probably could have gotten some money from selling the tailgate if the chrome was in good shape.

yes they did. didnt really look at the chrome to much tho. was wanting the tail gate off of one. but didnt want all that chrome

Well I would be interested in buying some of the molding if you could make a trip back to get some or all. I am specifically looking for the rear door molding and the small piece that is between the front and rear door. If they have any of that it would be great. If there is upper and lower molding I'll take that to. If all 3 of the crews have that I'll take all of it from all 3 trucks. Spare parts are a good thing to have. Let me know if you would be interested in doing that.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
yeah i will call them monday. and i am going back there next weekend to get a cherry headliner. i will see what i can do for you

I've gotta do something about my headliner. I'm thinking of doing it myself, but cant find any 1/8" foam.

my freind used a then peice of fiberglass board to make a head liner for a truck ha was doing for a customer. he used liquid nails to glue the carpet on. it looked really good. and ranger 429, you got me thinking when you said front and rear doors my freind called me a idiot for calling a extended cab is what i got my seats out of not a crew. i got mixed up. im am sorry. i will keep a eye out when i go to yards for the crew cabs for the stuff ur looking for.

Regular cab, super cab or a crew cab, Ford didn't use the term extended cab.

If you come across any of those specific crew parts out in the PNW let me know, they are pretty hard to find over here in the flatland.

Ford Truck Articles