Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wow...check this out...

IMG_130189121615870.jpg

Yes, that is 80s TTB, weled togther with a bar to form a solid axle, and stuck in a 79. Someone posted it on a facebook group and asked if it was a good idea (after he did it already)...

Doesnt look wise to me.

Last edited:

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
That looks like a hack job to me,with a TTB front axle from an 80 up truck or Bronco with coil springs, if y was going to do that swap I would have gotten all of the associated parts and pieces to do the swap correctly. So that it would have. Been done right and been safe.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

looks real solid, very nice work.

not really, thats what you would call a ghetto fab/hack job

I hope he had it on 100% level ground when he did it....or im gonna buy stock in rubber.

Fellro

Staff member
I have seen the ttb axle made a solid and put back into an 80's truck, and they were meticulous about it, bit never have seen nor would advise anyone to add the tube and mount only from it... I can imagine the carnage and maybe lawsuit when the welds break loose from the tube from too much stress...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
This is why warning labels need to be removed...so guys like this are eliminated naturally.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts