Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Worth the trip to Waynesville

My 05 F350 quit running last week so I trailered it to Waynesville from St. Louis to see Vince. Got there late Thursday, but he was able to get it in and checked it before I left. Found out the #2 injector failed and was dumping fuel causing it to hdro-lock. This was a relief because he had replaced it recently and would probably be warrantied. Vince called me on Friday as he started the truck back up and gave me the good news, only the injector was bad. He changed the oil just in case any fuel leaked down into the oil pan.
Got a call from the Service Dept. later saying the truck was ready and there was no charge.
It's 125 miles from St. Louis to Waynesville, but its worth every minute and gallon of fuel to take it there. Vince fixes it right, explains everything to you if you want to know, and the dealership stands behind their work with no BS.
I'd probably go twice as far if I had to.

Dennis, I told your brother one time that when you take your truck to Sellers-Sexton and can observe Vince as he works on it, it's like being at a 6.0 clinic the way he explains the whats and whys. He's the best!

I drive 99 miles to see my tech. Thanks Dave. Just having someone you know to work on your truck is like that warm glow after..... after you get your truck back. Again Thanks to all the Tech here.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Oh yeah! AND he gives phone support for those that have needed it too. Here's to Vince and the other Techs like him! They're few and we need more like them!! Pride in their work!! Love it!!smilieFordlogo

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
It's good having some one you can trust. I wouldn't take any of my trucks to the local dealer. I drive about 60 miles to get service work done.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
OK... let me jump on the Vince train with my set of Kudo's!!! smilieIagree

I have never visited Vince at the dealership (met him when he came to KC for diesel training one time), but I have used his "after hours" tech support that he runs (or so I call it) from his home since I have his home number on my cell-phone.smilietease

Maybe what this website needs is a "Wall of Shame".... I mean, "Wall of Fame"...
(too many people to list if it were the Wall of shame"!!!
bigdance

We could induct Vince (with a picture of him in his Ford work shirt) as the first inductee and he would be awarded some kind of plaque from FTF and have his picture on this site? smilieFordlogo

Last edited:

grewells

Professional Amateur
There are a few good techs out there. Ones like Vince are hard to find it sounds like. I found one in Sanford NC. The guy is a genius and loves his work.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts