Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wooo first thread!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
There was no 150, 250, or 350 offered in a Crew Cab Short Box configuration. The first year of the CC SB was 1996 when the F-250 was offered in that configuration. I have a feeling thats why a lot of the CC F-150 are prior to 1996...It simply wasn't available from Ford directly.
Interesting... So why pay them 8 grand to stretch the cab of a regular cab 150 when you could pay them, say... 2 grand to SHORTEN the bed of a 350? I guess you also would have to factor in the extra cost of the 350 over the 150... But I still think a custom SHORTENED CC LB F350 would end up costing less than a custom LENGTHENED CC SB F150... No?

[highlight]ON EDIT:[/highlight] Just to put into comparison... Does anyone know how much a Crew Cab Long Bed F350 cost in 95? I've got my orig window sticker in front of me, plus the "add-a-tag" that shoes the price for the mark-up from the Crew Cab Stretch.

Window sticker -> $23,202
Centurion Crewcab Package -> $8500

(written below the $8500) -- Dealer's Asking Price -> $31,702

Is $31,702 more or less than a 96 Crew Cab F350 4x4 with a 351?

Last edited:
Interesting... So why pay them 8 grand to stretch the cab of a regular cab 150 when you could pay them, say... 2 grand to SHORTEN the bed of a 350? I guess you also would have to factor in the extra cost of the 350 over the 150... But I still think a custom SHORTENED CC LB F350 would end up costing less than a custom LENGTHENED CC SB F150... No?

You make a point, I just dont think there was a market for it...If you are in the market for an F-350, you are not looking for one that was chopped and shortened. Thats my take on it anyway

Ford Truck Articles