Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

WooHooo!!! santa loves me

twin stick baby yeah!
twinstick.jpg

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I love my twin stick set up. With my welded rear, it's nice to be able to throw it in front wheel drive and mash the gas to make tight turns. Rear wheel low comes in handy some too.

thats great! now tell me what i am looking at? santa got me a new snow blower
in this part of the country [alberta] with one 14ft x130ft driveway and one 30ftx25ft we/i need them

Ok. What you are looking at is a setup designed for the np205 transfer case to allow you to articulate ranges between front and rear axles. As in, the left stick does low- neutral- high for the front axle, and the right stick does low- neutral- high for the rear axle. This allows you to run any combination high and low.

Cool on the snow blower, BTW

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Front wheel drive burnouts anyone? [confused]

Dare to be different...

and congrats on the setup! smilieeatndrink

Front wheel drive burnouts anyone? [confused]

Dare to be different...

and congrats on the setup! smilieeatndrink

Thanks man. Anyone know if the drivetrain on my f150 would handle a front wheel drive burnout? with 35" tires? on factory suspension?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Thanks man. Anyone know if the drivetrain on my f150 would handle a front wheel drive burnout? with 35" tires? on factory suspension?

Would probably do it, but not sure how long though. Probably be better to do it on stock tires, or smaller if you decided to actually do that...

Would definitely have to tie the truck off though, cause I bet it's just gonna scoot the rear end. [confused]

Would probably do it, but not sure how long though. Probably be better to do it on stock tires, or smaller if you decided to actually do that...

Would definitely have to tie the truck off though, cause I bet it's just gonna scoot the rear end. [confused]

Ive got some junk 32's

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

I'm jealous, someday I'll twin stick, why I dunno, just another mod.

I wouldn't worry about the stock suspension. I really think that that D44 up front will let you know pretty quick what it thinks about a front wheel burn, snap, crackle, $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm jealous, someday I'll twin stick, why I dunno, just another mod.

I wouldn't worry about the stock suspension. I really think that that D44 up front will let you know pretty quick what it thinks about a front wheel burn, snap, crackle pop, $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have a spare, but i dont wanna use it. lol. I guess before my dad bought it for me he was looking at a forum that was bad mouthing the mod, saying its only advantage was that it had a cool factor of about 9.

its kinda bugging me, staring at this thing and not being able to put iit in yet

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
its kinda bugging me, staring at this thing and not being able to put iit in yet

I'd be all over it.

Really though, I don't run tight trails or rocks, pointless for me to do it. But whenever I pull the 205 out of the '79 I'll be doing the twin stick.

If you end up doing a front burn, :post pics:

I'd be all over it.

Really though, I don't run tight trails or rocks, pointless for me to do it. But whenever I pull the 205 out of the '79 I'll be doing the twin stick.

If you end up doing a front burn, :post pics:

Dido. not really necessary for what i do, but its got a cool factor of 9, so im in on it

If you want a scale factor of 12.5 for need twin-twin stick transfer cases and 2 transmissions, for extra points have it valet parked.

You'll enjoy it, I like having the option of limping home with the front wheel drive if I spit out the rear driveshaft from a hard launch :)

P1000965.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts