Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

wont stray running

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
its cold and snowing here. i have a 2000 F250 7.3L. i go out and start my truck in the morning and it will start and run just fine... for about 4-5 minutes. then it will pit and sputter till it dies. then i have to go back out and crank on it for about 20 seconds still no start. turn it off and then crank on it again till the oil pressure builds and it will start. but i have to stay in it and give it fuel. what it is causing it to do this? what can i do to fix the problem? thanks for any input

blacksnapon

Staff member
Til the oil pressure builds????? Yeah, scan it to see if theres any problem with the high or low pressure oil.

Mine does that if I don't keep it plugged in. I also run my predator scan and got a glow plug code. I think its a combination on mine of bad glow plugs and not keeping my baby warm at night. This morning it was 40 here and it was just fine. yesterday I didn't plug it in and it got to 30 and I had the same issues.

Ford Truck Articles