Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wohooo

If the tailgate is up it looks good with duals but when its down I agree it dont look good with the tailgate down. He said something about getting a tool box so I dont think you will see all that mess.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Or do the split under the bed, and have 2 holes...
But the tool box would be the best... Mount it behind the stack, towards the tailgate... Then get a small section of what ever the tool box is made of to cover the slot between the cab and the tool box, and wa la... Instant hide a stack... Well the ugly part of it anyways....

emtzach

i get paid to do this
dedfinately a nice looker i have temperarily put off the search fo a diesel ill stick with the 150 untill my wife gets back from iraq then i wont be as upside down in the trade hopefully anywaysmilieeatndrink

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
If the tailgate is up it looks good with duals but when its down I agree it dont look good with the tailgate down. He said something about getting a tool box so I dont think you will see all that mess.

Yeah, unless you look over the side of the bed. smilietease

toolbox would be a cool idea..

Or do the split under the bed, and have 2 holes...
But the tool box would be the best... Mount it behind the stack, towards the tailgate... Then get a small section of what ever the tool box is made of to cover the slot between the cab and the tool box, and wa la... Instant hide a stack... Well the ugly part of it anyways....

From what I understand, you can't cause of space restrictions (fuel tank, etc)

Michigan
Definatly getting dual stacks. They have to have the Y on top of the bed because of the front tank. Im planning on picking up a tool box here soon and that should cover everything up. Also going to get a 2 by 6 piece of diamond plate and rivet it to the front side of the box, bend a half inch lip and bolt it to the bottom side of the box. I dont want anything that i put in the box to slide under the tool box and get fryed by hot stacks..

But its got the 5 inch now and im not in a huge hurry. I love the way it sounds now!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts