Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

wish list for Flareside

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Gauges seem like a great idea and will look nice mounting like that. The headlights don't even look good on the truck pictured in ebay ad. But may look better since your truck is white. Gotta give you a lot of credit for having a list of reasonable mods this time around. I honestly think you will be a lot happier doing stuff to make the truck more comfortable and give it a few personal touches to call it your own versus crazy engine mods and taking away from its DD status.

I have seen those lenses out on the street and they look pretty good. I was debating on getting them but did the Maquires resto kit. If you take your time and put out the elbow grease they come out looking like new. Just a tip: When working your way through the 4 sanding pads keep a little water flowing over the area. The pads are so fine that they "load up" almost immediately and that reduces their effectiveness. The water flows away the milky plastic.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I *still* am not a fan of the clear turn signals.

Ryan

optikalillushun

Coal Cracker
I just installed the "euro" headlights on my 93. I think they look fantastic and the light output is a lot better then the stock fluted design. If u do get them make sure they have the "hat" over the headlight bulb, it helps disffuse the light onto the reflector.

With a white truck, i say got for it. They really clean up the front. Might i suggest painting the grill inserts (the graphite sections) white to match the exterior.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
I just installed the "euro" headlights on my 93. I think they look fantastic and the light output is a lot better then the stock fluted design. If u do get them make sure they have the "hat" over the headlight bulb, it helps disffuse the light onto the reflector.

With a white truck, i say got for it. They really clean up the front. Might i suggest painting the grill inserts (the graphite sections) white to match the exterior.

Already gonna do that

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I say buy the headlights and don't waste your money on the resto for the existing heads. They don't work. I have tried many different brands on mine and only slight differences, not enough to justify the price of the kit. Just buy the new headlights and be happy.

optikalillushun

Coal Cracker
Only real way i found to "restore" headlights, is to wet sand them progressivly from say 400 to 1500 or 2000 grit. Then polish the hell outta em and finish off with a good wax. I did this to my 88 twice since i own it (have it since july 07) and it seems to help a lot. While they arent "new" they are better than what they were, and the effort seems to last.

Before:
0062.jpg

After:
0072.jpg

0092.jpg

Didn't buy the kit, but did buy a meguires product that did nothing.

As stated in the last post, iirc I used a 1200 then 1600 wet sand evenly and then the meguires with a buffing wheel and drill. Looked great, a lot of elbow grease, but great results. Not sure how it lasted as I sold the car shortly thereafter.

optikalillushun

Coal Cracker
One word of caution, try a small corner and work with a middle line grit. I bought a multi pack of wet/dry sand paper and a sanding block. I first started with 1000 in a corner and buffed it. if that doesnt work, try the next grit down, then go up. Dont wanna go to rough as its a PITA to get it nice.

Initially i did all the lenses, they were so crummy i couldnt see the taillights from 10 feet away in the daylight. After doing this they were like new.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I will see if I can find the pictures of the kit I used on my fiancee's Mustang and it worked out great.

Ford Truck Articles