Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

window motor replacement

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea take the door panal off, then if you dont mind, I drill holes in the door to get to the screws and hold the glass so it doesnt fall on your hand. If you dont want to drill the holes to get to the screws, then you have to drill out the rivits holding the regulator to the door.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
As said Above

TO support glass I drill hole just below window channel on glass and put screw or something to hold glass up . Helps with Motor removal. don't have to hold several things at 1 time. I used to just duck tape glass up but what a mess to clean.

Drill out rivets for motor and door panel arm rest bracket . Unplug motor and work it and arm out of window channel and door itself though the large hole in door.

I just took 4 doors apart other day .Good luck

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
On last truck I used a coat hanger hooked on door to hold glass.
But yes put dick tape on all edges . Good luck

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Lol, how does that tape look?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'm glad that mine have been replaced before so It'll be easier the day I have to do it.

+1. Previous owner replaced the driver side for sure, and I think the passenger side as well.

Ryan

I'm taking mine from manual to power windows and locks. Picked up the parts this Saturday. The power windows will be great when I have the dog with me and she wants her window down to stick her head out, since I can't reach across while driving. For the door locks it will be great to be able to lock my truck again since a key is broken off in the driver side and I haven't taken it out yet.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts