Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

why

All right guys i replaced my fuel pump becuase my truck would kind of stall out it would kinda studer and then some times it would die and then one day i lost all power and then it started to cluter and then died so i replaced the fuel pump and the fuel filter and the cap on the fuel bowl on top and then in the morning i brought my fiance coffe and it did it a couple time, (studer) and i thought it was gelling up or had air in the line or some thing and it stoped doing it and then it over the last couple days it has been happening more frecwent and this morning i started her up to warm up and it died like three times i though the fuel pump would take care of it and now its happening again and it stresses me out any idea and happy holidays thanks guys you all are a great group and very help full i like this site its the sh@#. haha

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
did you chek the fuel pressure at the rail ? it could be the fuel pressure regulator also!

well idk

its a deisel with, also i was told that you can upgrade the fuel sytem and get rid of the fuel pool but still i need answers to the studer problem

Michigan
What year is your truck? Powerstroke or IDI? Not that i know if it matters between the two. If its a 94.5-97 id take it to the dealership to make sure the CPS recall was done. I put a new sensor in mine, nothing was even wrong with my old one, i just threw it in there anyways for sanity.

Rent or buy a fuel pressure gauge and see what ur getting. If i remember rite it should be between 55 and 60 PSI... Hard to tell because the needle will bounce at an idle.

wayfastxr

California Chapter member
I just put a new CPS in mine. 2 weeks later ? might be bad again of MCPU.........not sure yet. I did just get back from Tahoe and it ran great. I will be watchin this thread.........

Michigan
Did you get the grey CPS??

idk

well it is a 95 7.3 power stroke and sory i didnt get back to you sooner but i had to put a brake booster in saturn today never again but how would i go about going to the dealer ship to get the recal done i bought it from a old freind of mine and he had bought it from his uncle it had been rolled but idk it stresses me out cause i drive alot and i just cant be braking donw you know so i dont know what to do it has been one thing after another and i want to not have to worry wbout it.

well

Ok well i called in to the dealer and it does have a recal but its the 09so9 reacal that is some kind of harness recal for the brakes and cruis controll so i dont know what to do now

o9so9 recal

I need to go and get the o9so9 recal done thats the cruise control and brake line thing i have no idea but it can cause fires tho

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yea the brake fluid can drip on top of the Crusie control harness or something along those lines... Take it in and they should do it for you free of charge...

You ever check fuel pressure?

Diesel should have a regulator... Not sure though, dont really play in the oil burner area...

ya

yes i checked it today and i did it with a cheap tire guage and it went all the way up, past fifty i dont know if thats bad or not but i am going to try to find a digital one so i can see exactly what it is, but either way its got good presure.

09S09 will take them all of about 5 mins, thing is, yours is older than 10 years, so they cant get any info off OASIS, if you DONT have cruise control, the recall doesnt apply, but you still would need to bring it to the dealer so they can clear the recall... if you Post your VIN, i can see if anything comes up on OASIS

The 7.3 CPS recall is for 1997-2003.. I dont think you can have that replaced under the recall.

Last edited:
well

ell i gave them my vine and they said i need to take it in for that recal, It is a 95 f250, 7.3 dti power stroke, here is the vin- 1FTHX26F2SKB20332. LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN ASAP. If they do not have the recal for the cps then i will go and order one for it and throw it in but it would be nice to get it for free. thanks, Nathan

OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS
09S09
SPEED CONTROL SYSTEM MODIFICATION

Thats all thats pulled up in OASIS, so the CPS you may have to buy

well is that what i was talking bout what the the dealer told me.the o9so9 thing.

Yes, i know, i work at a dealer. My point is, thats the only outstanding recall, your truck is not calling for the 07S27 (CPS), Nor does a 95 fit in the vehicles recalled

FYI for all on here.. 05S28 and 09S09 are essentially the same recall, 09S09 added some more vehicles, like 7.3's and 02 Explorer's/Mountaineers (09S09 Maily is calling in Windstars, E-Series and what i just said)

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts