Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Whose added a hidden winch behind a stock bumper on the Gen 6 trucks

Got a good deal on a new 10klb HB winch(pic 1). Won't see too much if any duty till after I get this converted to 4wd, but I am lining my projects up as others have stalled. I will need to fab up so me way to mount it, after modifying the HD winch plate it came with. I know it should have a Warn or other brand name under it but, I could not pass up the deal. Plus my buddy says he can rewire a bigger motor if I want into it.
1522156_10201317754973346_95497351_n.jpg

So has anyone managed to fit something like this completely hidden behind a stock bumper, as that is my intent? I am not going to use the roller fairlead, but rather a hawse to make it easier to hide. I made a custom bumper that hid my warn 8274 very well on my 754 Bronco. Built a complete bumper out of 2" x 4" and then sliced and rewelded the stock bumper and used it as an overlay to hide the actual bumper. Pic (2) With everything in place(Pic 3) With the F250 I do not want a custom bumper, but rather a stockish looking truck. Post pics please....Mo
temp_1hjhjh.jpg

109.jpg

Completely surprised that no one has not done this to a Gen 6 truck. Come on guys someones had to have done it.:hammer:

Good thinking> Hold on I've never been stuck!!! More to pull other people out than anything else. If I get another smoking deal on a winch I may put one out back too(good for pulling that car up the trailer too.smilietease

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I just put my winch on a reese hitch that I can swap to either the front or rear.

I use the quick electrical connectors like on snow plows for the electrical connections.

I heard a story while wheelin in the mountains , been years ago, about a guy with a dent which he put a winch on each front corner and one in the rear.
He could winch him truck through the air over a wash or crevice.

Well not planning on an aerials like that, but I just love the lines and look of the stocker looking 4x4 and lifted 2wds. In recent years I have embraced the look of these trucks as well as my early Broncos with little or no modifications. I know I can build myself a great bumper, but I love the look of the stock chrome bumpers and am even keeping the overiders. I think there is enough space in there to do it, just wanted to see if anyone has done it...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts