Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Where can I get a drive shaft cheap

Hi all i have a 1992 f150 2 wheel drive single cab long bed I replaced it's original 300 i6 with a 351w 5.8L. I just recently blew up the e4od automatic trans and I'm working on replacing it with a m5od manual that I had from a 96 f150 2x4 short bed with that i6. I can't seem to find a drive shaft for it. Are there any recomendations on where to get one? I would like to spend as little as possible since I'm a senior in high school and I'm going to college next year, but I will spend as much as I have to to put it back on the road.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Junk yard.

Fellro

Staff member
I don't know where abouts you are located, but try www.car-part.com, you can generally find something there.

i dont know about yours but my local driveshaft shop will build a drive shaft for about $300 with new slip yoke and ujoints. all they normaly use is the end old yokes, so if yours will work on the new transmission your set. you just need to messure how long you need the shaft to be with the suspension fully compressed and extended.

after that i would try car-part.com but you make come out close to having a new one built after you replace the u joints and have the driveline shipped.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts