Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wheels ?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Tire rack? junk yards Swap meets/Flee markets ..

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
What kind of steel wheels are you looking for? If you are looking for any kind of chrome mod, chrome spoke, white spoke, black spoke etc, most tire/wheel outlet store should be able to get them. If you are looking for somewhere specific, I know summitracing carries different wheels.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Cliff...take a trip down to Galloway's. They have two fields FULL of rims...some are matched, some aren't. But last time I was down there...I got a set of 15x10 Alcoa Polished aluminums for under $150. The time before that, I got a spare set of cheap chrome steelies for Thunder in 16.5x9.75 for $55 for all 4.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
What kind of steel wheels are you looking for? If you are looking for any kind of chrome mod, chrome spoke, white spoke, black spoke etc, most tire/wheel outlet store should be able to get them. If you are looking for somewhere specific, I know summitracing carries different wheels.

Just a factory looking wheel but wider for small hub caps and trim rings

Cliff...take a trip down to Galloway's. They have two fields FULL of rims...some are matched, some aren't. But last time I was down there...I got a set of 15x10 Alcoa Polished aluminums for under $150. The time before that, I got a spare set of cheap chrome steelies for Thunder in 16.5x9.75 for $55 for all 4.

I might Ben but I doubt they will have what I want.

I went and got a set of chrome stocks frm the local Pick and Pull for 25bux/peice. I found them on like 3 diff 90's F-150s and a Bronc. They look good though

If you have someone you trust with the welding do what I did. Get the wheel shells from Speedway and have your stock center welded in. They have everything from 8 to 20in wide. I did this for Blue with 8's in the back so I could run my factory dog dish caps. I bought some Wheel Vintiques from Sumitt that was suppose to take my caps $175 later they don't and stupid me painted them without paying attention so I am stuck with em. Thats when I just had mine built and cost me a grand total of $55.69 live and learn

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
If you have someone you trust with the welding do what I did. Get the wheel shells from Speedway and have your stock center welded in. They have everything from 8 to 20in wide. I did this for Blue with 8's in the back so I could run my factory dog dish caps. I bought some Wheel Vintiques from Sumitt that was suppose to take my caps $175 later they don't and stupid me painted them without paying attention so I am stuck with em. Thats when I just had mine built and cost me a grand total of $55.69 live and learn

Thanks for the tip. What size tires can you run?

The prices are not bad did you have to have a hole drilled out for the valve stem?

Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

REALLY!!
I wonder if they might have any of those Turbine rims i've been searching for..

Thanks for the tip. What size tires can you run?

The prices are not bad did you have to have a hole drilled out for the valve stem?

To tell you the truth I don't recall if the hole was there or if Brian drilled one. I am running 8in rims with 275/60-15 have 4in backspace. I wanted the tires just inside the fender lip so they are out as far as possible but if I overload it they still tuck up in there without rubing. But if I load it that much I don't think the tires would handle it lol.

Just as a side note on Stockton wheel. Their prices are prettty salty IMO. And I have heard they are quite slow.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
REALLY!!
I wonder if they might have any of those Turbine rims i've been searching for..

That's one of those rim sets that you would have to piece together. I wanted a set, but normally they just have one or two lying around.

shoooot Tex I had a set I just gave away.......

WTF...even after my rim thread...where I said I wanted a set...good lookin out bro...sheesh. HAHA

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts