Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Whazzit???

HEY...PB or anyone who knows;

What's that poncho 2 seater I have been seeing around lately? danged thing looks SHARP.... AND fast!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
This puppy?

2006%20Pontiac%20Solstice.jpg

Pontiac Solstice.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
If I decide I can afford to buy new* when I get out of school, it's on my short list of stuff to think hard about. Along with a V6 'Stang or another Ranger.

*Yeah, I know I shouldn't. I just don't know if I care.

I'd much rather have one of these..
9674-2005-Lotus-Elise.jpg

Those are grossly underpowered for what they are, even if they do handle like a go cart. I like the Sky more than the solstice, but what I really want is a 280Z with a VQ35 V6 (add some turbos) for around 420hp+ in a 2400lb car. smiliegitrdone

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I like the Sky more than the solstice

Really? I think the Solstice is much nicer looking...

(They're more or less twins underneath, I believe.)

saturnsky.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
No, Tony...I CAN'T have a V8. Extra purchase price, I could probably swing. Extra fuel consumption, maybe. Extra insurance as an under-25, unmarried male, possibly. All three together...no way in heck. :(

Last edited:

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Sky > Solstice

I know the Lotus isn't a very powerful car, but given the choice between those three I'd still take it over the others.

Give me a V8 SBF Focus, they're baaaaaad. :D

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
The Sky gets the vote from me...........I think it's Lingenfelter(sp?) who'll drop in an LSx into one; kind of a modern day AC Cobra!!!

Yep- little rocket. Although, after all the $$$'s are said and done, a Corvette does it all- better, cheaper, and with a warranty.

Dad of an old g/f of Nick's has an Elise. I'm surprised the guy fits into it (he's about 6'3"). Sez it's a blast to drive though.

Guy was kinda slow on the shifts, tho...

That one from RV goes real fast, from light to light...the great equalizers lol.

Ford Truck Articles