Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Whats up im new here

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I got my truck in March 08,and the most i've got done to it is new wheels and tires,got the engine running,cleaned it top to bottom,got the gauges working,made some changes to the interior(changed color,painted gauges white) and a couple other things.I still need to rebuild just about everything on the truck.All it really needs is an engine and tranny rebuild,and an entire brakes system,but I want the truck to be indestructible.

Fellro

Staff member
Travis,some trucks don't have carpet.lol.:p

I'm not entirely sure,but I don't think my truck has that master connector you mentioned.

Yes, it does. It is tucked in kinda below the master cylinder and booster. Otherwise, you would have wires going into the firewall all over the place. It helps with the assembly line process, and helps us later in the field. They have been doing that plug for a long time, back into the 60's at least if not longer. (I'm sure it is longer yet...)

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Yes, it does. It is tucked in kinda below the master cylinder and booster. Otherwise, you would have wires going into the firewall all over the place. It helps with the assembly line process, and helps us later in the field. They have been doing that plug for a long time, back into the 60's at least if not longer. (I'm sure it is longer yet...)
Yea,I was looking at the truck today,and I found it.lol.I just never noticed it before.

How much work would it be to swap a V8 into the truck instead of putting an I6 back in? i think i need a new pedal. but what else? i can get a t-bird 5.8 from an 84 for cheap. that was going to be the replacement motor in my 83 but if i can put that into my 86 easily i will

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
You're gonna definitely need new motor mounts,and your gonna have to remove the I6 perches.And i'm not sure the I6 transmission will fit.You're also gonna probably need a new throttle cable.

Fellro

Staff member
I6 trans is the same, throttle cable can be made to work...

Ford Truck Articles