Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What's This Option?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I've never seen this before....looks kinda cool....what is it? Tell me they didn't cut the back part of the cab out?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975...em=221217474337&forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

Ford_F-250_custom_eBay_Page_3.jpg

Yeah, short camper shell , pretty popular out here a few years ago until everybody started making big cab pickups. The cowboys liked them . Pull their horse trailer, throw a little hay in the back and keep their saddle inside that shell. Gotta take care of them saddles and a good safe place to keep them.__:)

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
You took out the back window. It was a neat idea, but there really isn't enough room to lay down. Super and crew cabs came along, and you didn't see too many of them anymore

primetime

sawmill slave
Darn right you gotta take good care of them saddles. And you get in thru the window opening.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I haven't seen one of those for a long time. I think they're kind of neat as a novelty, but probably not all that practical.

Like the others guys said, you removed the rear window and the mini sleeper seals around the window opening (hopefully). It can be returned to stock by just putting the window back in place.

Back in the day a lot of guys loaded them up with speaker boxes too. Awesome place to put 4, 12" subwoofers in a regular cab truck!!

I'd put one on my truck if I could find a solid fiberglass one at a decent price.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I wonder if you can still get these.....this would be perfect for storage, groceries, etc.....the problem with single cab rigs is the space.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Agreed! The difference between driving a regular cab and driving a supercab is VERY noticeable. That extra 20" makes a BIG difference.

I have been watching Craigs list in my area for one just to use as storage. I had three different supercabs before i got my single cab and really miss that storage. Plus i don't like the sun on the back of my neck and one of those would keep it off.I haven't found any in my area at all.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Agreed! The difference between driving a regular cab and driving a supercab is VERY noticeable. That extra 20" makes a BIG difference.

I guess the only problem with a supercab is that the rig is much longer and if you get one with a short bed (not even sure if they make one with a short bed) then it would just look a little silly to me; not right. The larger rigs are harder to maneuver in parking lots, bank drive throughs, etc.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I guess the only problem with a supercab is that the rig is much longer and if you get one with a short bed (not even sure if they make one with a short bed) then it would just look a little silly to me; not right. The larger rigs are harder to maneuver in parking lots, bank drive throughs, etc.

Yes, that is what I was trying to say, Ken. You said it better.:)

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Be careful about what you store in there - like tools. Don't do it. If you have a front end collision those tools are going to become projectiles and the back of your head is right there.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts