Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What weighs more?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well im curious as to what weighs more a 75 250 sc longbed 2x4 without a motor or a 72 250 regular cab longbed 4x4 with a 360. Im curious to see which weighs more cause I want to see what the heaviest thing ive pulled with my truck is.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Definitely the latter...it has engine and tcase (and other 4wd linkages). The only thing the SC has going for it is the extra length of the cab and roof. I'd say the 4x4 had at least 500lbs of engine, 150-200lbs in tcase and shaft. The extra length of the SC probably negated the weight of the tcase though. So I'd say the 4x4 by about 500lbs.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...I'd definitely say the '72 is heavier hands down.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Sweet ill get some pics of it on the trailer when we go down there and how far the truck squats down. Ive never had any tounge weight on it before so I dont know how it drives with some weight on there. When I loaded that SC I couldnt turn it around to load it on backwards so I had to put it on front wards and it didnt have a motor or trans when I got it it was really light up front. Add to that I rented a tilt trailer on accident so it was a bear to get it up there and the once we got it on and as far as it would go we kicked the block out that we had to keep the front of the trailer from goin down and then it wouldnt tilt back down again. I finally got it to go down after I put my bottle jack under the back end of it. I started to go down the freeway and it started swayin cause all the weight was on the back and it was liftin the back of the truck up. It tossed me across all three lanes luckily they were empty. So I ened up not bein able to go over 40 miles an hour with it all the way home.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts