Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What should i do?

Well my brake pads went bad and tore up my front disc brakes so now i got to get new ones. Should i just get brand new hubs or would i be fine going to a pick and pull and getting some old ones and resurfacing them?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Never had to buy new for gen 8/9 but if they're like gen 6's, they're cheap enough to buy new and prevent yourself from inheriting someone else's problem.

yeah it looks like the outer pad on the drivers side warped or something and they have no break material on the pads any more so that steel to steel contact chewd them up. i just looked and its way cheaper than i thought it would be and the part description says hub assembly so it may come as one unit. can i just use the bearings and races from my old hubs on the new ones. i just replaced them and they only have like 6,000 miles on them

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well my brake pads went bad and tore up my front disc brakes so now i got to get new ones. Should i just get brand new hubs or would i be fine going to a pick and pull and getting some old ones and resurfacing them?

You just need the rotors not hubs. Cheap fix . I do turn mine but just enough to clean them . And yours r trashed.

They r easy to swap . Get grease to repack front bearings .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts