Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What is your dentside to you?

My dentside has become therapy for me. About twelve years ago I was diagnosed with a disabling neurologic disfunction. Subsequently I had to take an early out from working. After trying tons of different meds to help with the various primary, secondary, and tertiary symptoms my neurolgist gave me the following prescription. I cropped the names out cause I know he was just fooling around.

Attachments

• Prescription.JPG

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I treat my truck like it has human qualities. Here is a quote from a psychology journal that seemed fitting for people and their trucks(ford, of course.)

"Anthropomorphism carries many important implications. For example, thinking of a nonhuman entity in human ways renders it worthy of moral care and consideration. In addition, anthropomorphized entities become responsible for their own actions -- that is, they become deserving of punishment and reward."

Does this ring a bell about your trucks?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I treat my truck like it has human qualities. Here is a quote from a psychology journal that seemed fitting for people and their trucks(ford, of course.)

"Anthropomorphism carries many important implications. For example, thinking of a nonhuman entity in human ways renders it worthy of moral care and consideration. In addition, anthropomorphized entities become responsible for their own actions -- that is, they become deserving of punishment and reward."

Does this ring a bell about your trucks?

Holy crap...I apparently have a psychological issue. I've literally been known to kiss Red and the Bronco is being punished as we speak.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My wife has told her friends that I am out in the garage with my girlfriend again. Women, they just don't seem to understand.

Ask her if she preferred you really were out there with another woman. It'll get you a couple of days in the dog house, but it would put things into perspective.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not my truck, but dentsides in general, I think represent a rowdy, rip snorting, go anywhere, do anything truck. Even classy stock rebuilds portray a truly tough truck. I think it truly takes a special breed to own a 73-79 Ford. I'd almost venture to say that 73-79 owners have a perception about them kinda like Harley guys do.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
That sounds pretty accurate. Mine leaks like a Harley. D*mn you, Autozone!!! :rofl2:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Not my truck, but dentsides in general, I think represent a rowdy, rip snorting, go anywhere, do anything truck. Even classy stock rebuilds portray a truly tough truck. I think it truly takes a special breed to own a 73-79 Ford. I'd almost venture to say that 73-79 owners have a perception about them kinda like Harley guys do.

Sounds about right.

Broncodawg

Bleeds Ford blue blood
My early bronco is grounded and sitting in the corner facing the wall and my F2fitty is grinning from mirror to mirror because she's getting all the attention.
My four dent projects outback are planning a family intervention against me if I don't get busy on one of them soon, haha!

Like alot of others here, my truck is like a member of the family. I was looking for a truck for 2 years before coming across it 4 years ago. My wife and I still talk about the day we drove from Atlanta over to Alabama to pick it up for the drive home. We originally bought it to haul supplies for houses we were renovating.

We bought a new 2007 F150 one year after buying it. And we recently sold that F150. That's how much the old girl means to us. Most probably would have kept the new truck and got rid of the old, but it just didn't seem like the right thing to do.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
We bought a new 2007 F150 one year after buying it. And we recently sold that F150. That's how much the old girl means to us. Most probably would have kept the new truck and got rid of the old, but it just didn't seem like the right thing to do.

Something about the old steel is certainly irreplaceable.

I've had mine for twenty years. After tinkering with these old trucks, you get attached to them, I quess. People seem to comment about how they like this truck, gives you a good feeling! smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've had mine for twenty years. After tinkering with these old trucks, you get attached to them, I quess. People seem to comment about how they like this truck, gives you a good feeling! smilieFordlogo

Hey man...I just saw your sig...what do you have going on with that 351? A 400 crank bored .040 out? Any headwork or is it mainly intake/carb, cam and headers? I'd be interested in seeing the specs of your build. My red truck has 8 more hp than yours but 200rpm higher and you have 10 more ft/lbs of torque than me at 100 less rpm.

Last edited:
Hey man...I just saw your sig...what do you have going on with that 351? A 400 crank bored .040 out? Any headwork or is it mainly intake/carb, cam and headers? I'd be interested in seeing the specs of your build. My red truck has 8 more hp than yours but 200rpm higher and you have 10 more ft/lbs of torque than me at 100 less rpm.
It has a 400 crank, 0.030 over, Tim Meyer/KB 9.4:1 pistons, O.E.M. rods, O.E.M. heads, CompCam 255deh, Edelbrock Performer 400 intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Recurved O.E.M. Dizzy and 1 5/8" x 2.5" Doug Thorley Headers. I checked the Comp's Camquest to find the best torque cam for me to use for daily driving and hauling if I need too. That's a neat "77" you got.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It has a 400 crank, 0.030 over, Tim Meyer/KB 9.4:1 pistons, O.E.M. rods, O.E.M. heads, CompCam 255deh, Edelbrock Performer 400 intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Recurved O.E.M. Dizzy and 1 5/8" x 2.5" Doug Thorley Headers. I checked the Comp's Camquest to find the best torque cam for me to use for daily driving and hauling if I need too. That's a neat "77" you got.

Ahhh...there's the difference, I went with the XE262 cam, and I have a set of Sanderson shorty headers. Beyond that...sounds like we almost have the same build going on. As for the Thorley headers...where in the hell did you find them? I was pretty sure Thorley stopped making headers for the 351M/400 in '83.

Edit...just did a search and looked over some info...they haven't made the Tri-Y's for a 351M/400 since '83. That excites me, maybe I'll throw a pair on my Bronco.

Last edited:
Ahhh...there's the difference, I went with the XE262 cam, and I have a set of Sanderson shorty headers. Beyond that...sounds like we almost have the same build going on. As for the Thorley headers...where in the hell did you find them? I was pretty sure Thorley stopped making headers for the 351M/400 in '83.

Edit...just did a search and looked over some info...they haven't made the Tri-Y's for a 351M/400 since '83. That excites me, maybe I'll throw a pair on my Bronco.

I found them on ebay last Feb. 09, Johnsons Speed shop(Johnsons Speed Warehouse) in Michigan had them for $93.21. The headers are SD-80 Model #361.
I took them by NitroPlate in Nashville and had them plated. I've got a clearance issue with the shifter rod not allowing it drop in 1st drive, other than that they went up into place without much trouble. The guy that installed the engine for me re-routed the transmission lines to clear the headers. The collectors go underneath the cross-member so the exhaust is turned back up a few inches to go between the frame rails.
By the way the engine engine actually dyno'd @ 346hp with the shop's 750 Holley, but since I was going to run this new Edelbrock we did our last pull on the dyno with it instead.

Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Right now and probably always will be a toy and a project. My time to work on it has really dropped down lately. A few things I need to do yet, but nothing big, just need to save some cash.

Right now and probably always will be a toy and a project. My time to work on it has really dropped down lately. A few things I need to do yet, but nothing big, just need to save some cash.

Love the blue and the stance is perfect!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts