Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What is this?

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
faxonautolit.com has owners/shop manuals, sales/accessory brochures, salesmens data books and other things silverfish like to feast on.

Shop Manuals were issued when new models came out, then yearly supplements were added until the model changed again.

So, you will need a 1967 shop manual, and 1968, 1969 and 1970 supplements if you want the factory shop manuals.

Visit some small town Ford Dealers in NC (there's a whole slew of them, I've driven over many a NC back road and the entire length of the Blue Ridge Parkway-both ways.).

Waltz in and ask if they have related material gathering dust in a back room.

Will do. Going on a bike ride up to Boone next weekend with a couple from church. Will make a stop at every last one of em... Heck, I'm gonna start with the Ford Dealer in Hickory first. So, you think 67 manual and supplements after that thru 70 will be sufficient?

Detroit iron
http://www.detroitironis.com/FordMo...4828/2208995390012099056S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited:
Bill, did I tell you I ordered the 1964-72 Ford Truck parts CD from HiPo? Thanks for the recommendation. Now if I can just get lucky and find a maintenance manual at an antique store or yard sale... Heck, I may just go out picking one afternoon on the back roads of NC.

The manuals come up on E-bay once in a while. That's where I got mine.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Will do. Going on a bike ride up to Boone next weekend with a couple from church. Will make a stop at every last one of em... Heck, I'm gonna start with the Ford Dealer in Hickory first.

So, you think 67 manual and supplements after that thru 70 will be sufficient?
In May 2008, "She who must be obeyed" and I attended the F100 Super Nationals 3 day Truck Show & Swap Meet in Knoxville (the event is now held in Pigeon Forge). We flew in/out of Charlotte.

To get to Knoxville, we first drove to Cherokee, then drove back roads SW to Chattanooga...where we visited The War for the Southern Confederacy Chicamauga & Lookout Mountain battlefields.

After the meet ended, we drove to Asheville, then drove the Blue Ridge Parkway north as far as Boone. The main drag in Boone is comprised of a gazillion motels and fast food joints.

You wanna visit small towns where there aren't a lot of attractions that attract a gazillion tourists.

The more rural, the better.

You'll need the '67 shop manual and the 1968/70 supplements, because...

Certain 1967 parts (like the door shells and most of the doors internal parts; dash; firewall; radio/heater; master cylinder/booster/prop valve; brake/clutch pedals; ignition switch and etc) are 1967 ONLY!

360/390 engines (and the C6 trans) were not available until 1968.

Last edited:

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
In May 2008, "She who must be obeyed" and I attended the F100 Super Nationals 3 day Truck Show & Swap Meet in Knoxville (the event is now held in Pigeon Forge). We flew in/out of Charlotte.

To get to Knoxville, we first drove to Cherokee, then drove back roads SW to Chattanooga...where we visited The War for the Southern Confederacy Chicamauga & Lookout Mountain battlefields.

After the meet ended, we drove to Asheville, then drove the Blue Ridge Parkway north as far as Boone. The main drag in Boone is comprised of a gazillion motels and fast food joints.

You wanna visit small towns where there aren't a lot of attractions that attract a gazillion tourists.

The more rural, the better.

You'll need the '67 shop manual and the 1968/70 supplements, because...

Certain 1967 parts (like the door shells and most of the doors internal parts; dash; firewall; radio/heater; master cylinder/booster/prop valve; brake/clutch pedals; ignition switch and etc) are 1967 ONLY!

360/390 engines (and the C6 trans) were not available until 1968.

Rode up to Blowing Rock with a friend from work Saturday afternoon...BEAUTIFUL RIDE!!!

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
That has volumes 1-3. That does not include the supplements, does it?
Does the ad mention or picture any 1968/69/70 and etc supplements?

Nope, so they aren't included, prolly because the seller doesn't have any, or is unaware they exist, or are a necessity if one has a 1968, '69, '70, '71 or '72.

You need the supplements, because 1967's did not come with 360/390 engines or with a C6 transmission.

And...some features of 1967's are 1967 only, not shared with 1968/72's. See the partial list I typed in post #25.

Last edited:
Okay, now I'm obsessed with replacing the bulb to see if it comes on. :) .. Will do that this weekend.

I forgot to mention that the light is supposed to turn on momentarily when you first start the engine. If it does, you're O.K. If it doesn't it could be the bulb, the switch on the brake differential valve or a problem in the wiring.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
smiliehijacked

The OP became antsy the second he bought the old rolling pile of misery.

And...anytime something occurs he's not familiar with (which is darn near everything...since he has next to no experience with the pile), the antsyness increases!

I'm sorry, but I just noticed this post from you Bill and I don't appreciate it one bit. Since when did wanting to know what something was and if it wasn't working correcting how to address it become being antsy?

I doubt it's a burned out bulb. And...the light is not supposed to come on...unless the brake fluid is low...cuz that's what the puppy is for.

However, for peace of mind, replace this puppy and the problem (if there is one) is solved.

C8AZ-2B264-A .. Low Brake Fluid Warning Light Switch / Available from Ford & Autoparts Stores.

That's the part all right. Actually, the light should go on momentarily when the key is turned. It doesn't necessarily mean low brake fluid. It is only activated by unequal pressure. Of course a leak in the line would certainly cause low brake fluid AND cause the light to come on because of increased pressure on the brakes opposite the leak. Air in the lines could also cause unequal pressure and activate the light.

Ford Truck Articles