Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

what is the color number on my truck

ok i just finished rebuilding my engine she runs great now but i had to take a lil time away cause i ran my hand through the fan trying to remove the vacuum advance i no have four purple fingers but im about to start the body work and want to know what the color number is for the orange on my truck i wanna try to get the body back to stock
truck4.jpg

Year ?..................

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
As these guys said, post up your warranty plate (should be in the door jamb) and your truck year (I'd say 77, but who knows what's been swapped) and someone around here should be able to decode your paint code. No warranty plate you say...if that's the original paint scheme, send your VIN to Ford requesting a build sheet (free) and on that sheet will be your color.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That was why I questioned it. Never saw one with clear coat. Maybe not even original paint since that's on there?

Yeah, that's why I said this once you mentioned the clear coat:

if that's the original paint scheme, send your VIN to Ford requesting a build sheet (free) and on that sheet will be your color., send your VIN to Ford requesting a build sheet (free) and on that sheet will be your color.

Cuz getting that sheet will do him no good if his current color is what he wants, but it's not what came originally.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I believe his truck has been customized over the years. The badges on the side look like it says F___Ranger with the XLT below, and the rubber bumper covers were not an original Ford option (not the bump stops, the bumper) All the trim has been removed if it's a Ranger XLT also, and no, there was no clear used on the dents. Perhaps a clear coat was added during a repaint with a "matching" factory color, I'm no expert.. I just play one on the internet! Yes, please post the warranty plate for more info.
Dak

ill have to get that picture of the plate later on but i think the orange is original cause its throughout the whole truck inside the cab and all but the white looks like it was done afterwards and yes that is a clear coat on it and im working on getting the trim pieces

Copper Poly Code Z

Last edited:
That's the sticker.

Is there no black and silver metal warranty plate on the door near the latch ?

P - Cinnamon Glow aka: Dark Nectarine Poly
M - Wimbledon white

Interior code decipher coming

U = Tan

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles