Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What is it?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
you won't take no for an answer, will ya? :D

If I bought another truck, I'd probably drop cash on something older, or maybe even an old lincoln continental.

Ryan

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Yeah Brian, soemthing like that, only it would be a 03, 04, 05, 06, 07. Hey what was this thread about anyway? Ryan getting a new truck??

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Old lincolns are cool, I know how to make a 4 door into a 2 door, and have all the tools necessarry to perform the makeover. BTW I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, I did however see it on TV once.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Ha, Ha, no the 2 door was a suicide, nothing else like it in the world.

The lincoln 4 door in about 65 (that area anyway) had the rear doors suicided. A friend of mine's father had one.

Here is a 66 on evilbay. Notice where the rear door handles are?:

b9a1_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-Lincoln-Continental-Convertible_W0QQitemZ250123095463QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6304QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you think about it, some of the modern trucks have the same thing (safer though). Some extended cab trucks have small rear doors that open the wrong direction.

Ryan could buy one of those and still have his doors. :rofl:

Last edited:
Ahem...
Not to, like, get back on track or anything (as that is SO unlike ME), But, VINCE, is that part of what they did to eliminate the deadheaded rails, or am I just too 7.3 for my own good?

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
I couldn't even dream of laying down more than $3-4K on a vehicle with the debt I'm going into at school. Now if they offered me a scholorship... maybe. Otherwise, I'm just trying to limit my exposure to being completely endebted.

Ryan

chicken. lol. buisnesses love someone who is in debt up to thier eyeballs.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I couldn't even dream of laying down more than $3-4K on a vehicle
So don't get the whole truck!! I got a whole engine tranny and transfer case for $2500!! Convert that F-150 to a 6.0L. Talk about bad ass. Mod it like mine and you got a 550HP F-150 laying down 1100 ft-lbs torque. Can you say hold on?!?!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I've thought about rebuilding what I have for power, or even doing an upgrade. The problem is, it's my daily driver, and I only own one vehicle.

Ryan

You need a backup! A little beater like every mechanic has to be able to have their own vehicle down for repairs and still be able to run for parts, more parts, fast food and parts!
Did I mention you could use it to run for parts?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I actually tried to run that by mom... She got a little testy when I mentioned bringing home a 79 ford pickup... She doesn't want that stuff in the driveway, and they sure as heck aren't going to give up their spots in the garage... Sadly, I am unable to get anything large done, ever.

Ryan

Speesh, you know how much money "young males" like me and Rattlecan have to throw away to car insurance companies every month...for ONE vehicle!?!? :nutkick: I'm afraid 2 Vehicles (let alone 2 V8's) is outta the question until either 25 or married.

My son is ON my insurance. Since I have so many vehicles, and my name is listed on his title as co-owner, He is covered. However, we recently got quotes for him on an 07 Trailblazer SS. $202/ mo. when he turns 21 it will go down to 127. It would have its own policy because it has to have full coverage, but he was getting quotes online of 300+!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Speesh, you know how much money "young males" like me and Rattlecan have to throw away to car insurance companies every month...for ONE vehicle!?!? :nutkick: I'm afraid 2 Vehicles (let alone 2 V8's) is outta the question until either 25 or married.
There's a new invention out there that only has two tires to wear out. It's 21 speeds and has a crank for two cylinders. Guess what the cylinders look like? :) You can attach two baskets on the back to carry stuff from parts stores as neccessary too. Ryan looks healthy enough to power onne, just don't know if he isn't to lazy to pwer one. :rofl:

Yeah, what Todd said~!
You got your own little V-Twin there!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts