Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What have you done to your truck today?

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Not really. I`ve got some pics of the dirty crossmember in my swap thread. Kinda having a little dilemma though. I mean, degrease the frame, wire wheel, pour the rust reformer to it, where do you stop?? It looks stupid if you stop at the cab mounts, but at the same time I`m not ripping the cab and box off just to do an engine swap, holy crap batman I just don`t know.

Shoulda just stuck with the original plan and said good enough.:hammer:

Heck i had the bed off my truck. I cleaned it down with simple green and shot it with Rustoleum and called it good enough I didn't do the inside of the frame too much stuff to take off or that was in the way.

primetime

sawmill slave
I`ve got a little perfectionist in me. I`m a all or nothing kind of guy. I`ll probably stop at the cab mounts, but the axle and springs will get done to. Later this summer I`ll probably jerk the box and do the rest, mainly the rear tank sprung a leak and the front pump needs a pump. Part of me wants to throw one of my Dana 60s in it along with som Super Duty leafs and an rsk to clear 37s, bur the rest of me says leave it alone.

I`ve got a little OCD in me. I`m a all or nothing kind of guy. I`ll probably stop at the cab mounts, but the axle and springs will get done to. Later this summer I`ll probably jerk the box and do the rest, mainly the rear tank sprung a leak and the front pump needs a pump. Part of me wants to throw one of my Dana 60s in it along with som Super Duty leafs and an rsk to clear 37s, bur the rest of me says leave it alone.

fixed it for you Justin smilietease :wavey:

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Hey Mark!! how's life?

My truck refused to start last week... After some investigations yesterday , I found a bad connection from the big red wire from the battery to the starter..
after cleaning the engine turns faster when starting... probably a bag connection as long as I do own the truck.

Ton

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Hey Roy; goodmorning!
My wife and I did have a little grin while reading your reaction... If you would like some more licorice, send an adress in a PM and we send you the taste you like.!

Helen and I were at family visit in Ontario and we brought licorice.... The family "attacked" the bags and within a day no licorice was left.
the dutch name for licorice is "Drop"

Best regards Ton

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Hey Fatherdoug and Roy:) ( when I do have some more time Roy; I still have to Re to your PM)
this engine is a MAN/Alpha diesel, 2890 HP at 775revs/min bore 280mm stroke 320mm and V12.
Tomorrow (Saturday) I have to go back on board to finish my job.

best regards Ton

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts