Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Have You Done to Your FORD Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

agjake11

Texas Chapter member
installed new led 3rd brake light. its matched the SD tails pretty well.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!111 smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

I went to the autoparts store and got two cases of antifreeze (one for the bronco and one for the stupid duty), a brake hardware kit for the Bronco, and two market lights for above the cab on the superduty and replaced them in the parking lot. I had to pull one out because their computer didn't have on listed, so I figured I might as well do the other one while I was crawling on my roof smilieFordlogo

3rd cylinder coil on my E350 went out when I started it this morning. Dropped it off to get repaired, oil and coolant change too.

Didn't feel like doing it myself.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Gotta get rid of that sticker...ha ha..

Started pullin my upper plenum to get to the injectors so I could swap em out then realized I don't have a T40 Torx bit...so now I'm at a standstill. Received my new Beru Glowplugs in the mail for Burt also.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Well, I just diagnosed what's wrong with the '97...

She started sounding...less than healthy while I was at work on Wednesday. By the time I got home it was dark, though, so I just left it and drove the '09. Given the age, rust and miles on 'er, I was thinking it might be the end, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Just fired it up, and it appears the serpentine belt idler pulley has seized. I think I got real lucky making it home without losing that belt Wednesday, though.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Just got done replacing the belt tensioner on the 03, and after lunch i'm gonna go out and figure out why the front brakes are squeaky, and then i'm gonna remove the tonneau cover and then polish the engine.

Last edited:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Checked the brakes, and they are perfect. No ridges in the rotors, and the pads are at least 70%. They were quite duty though, so maybe that's what it is.

Tonneau cover is off too. Felt like wrestling a bear. Had to man handle it into the shop and up against a wall. The Ranger looks a thousand times better now without it.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
If you don't have the brake anti-squeal or whatever it's called on the back of the pads, when you're stopping they can vibrate/rattle around and it causes the squeaky sound. Also, it depends on the type of pads you're using, some (ceramic maybe?) will just squeak no matter what in certain situations.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Yea I put it off this long because I figured it was the type of pad, but it got real annoying, so I pulled the wheels to check.

The truck came from South Florida, and not to be a racist bastard or anything, but I have a feeling anti squeal wasn't used.

As long as I have brakes, that's what matters.

Thanks Paul.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Removed the front suspension/axle out of the 79.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Just took a look at the tires on the Ranger, and they were manufactured in April of 2003, so they are gonna be replaced very soon. The dealer must be too stupid to have the mechanic check the date on the tire. They have about 30% tread left, but they are starting to show signs of age so i'm gonna go ahead and replace them before anything major goes wrong with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts