Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What exactly is this?!?!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Have you tested it to see if it has power going to it..

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Mine has no wire going to it.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
It is the plate light for a no bumper truck. Back bumpers do not come with the truck from the plant, they are an extra. That way you can put on a lift gate, chrome bumpers, step bumpers and so on. But they must have a place for the plate and a light for it.

hmm i knew they did that but did they really do that all the way up to 1989 and possibly newer?

when i get a chance hopefully tomorrow ill see if i can find where the wire goes and see if it has power or not

hmm i knew they did that but did they really do that all the way up to 1989 and possibly newer?
It depends on the type of truck you have.
If you have a Flare Side truck then the answer is no they did not have it.
If you have a Style Side truck then the answer is yes up through at least 1995.

so what exactly is it??

and if its no bumper related wouldnt some Flare Sides hav them.. the ones with the roll pans anyways

They didnt make a Generation 8 (1987-1991) Flareside anyway. It has to be a styleside, and in Travis' case its a styleside longbed.

atillett

Texas Chapter member
I think, now it could be the wiring harness for the tailgate lights like they got on duallys, my truck has something like that and it is for that i believe........... BTW my truck is a f-250..........

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts