Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What do you think of TBI?

Just from a simplicity / reliability point I've been considering a swap away from the stock dizzy / carb and doing the TBI from http://www.atomicefi.com/home.aspx

I just went to a one wire alt, wired dual batteries, and cleaned up a power steering nightmare. I'm about to the point of a big radiator, and start some back woods trials.

My Hog is a 351M, headers, Edlebrock as of now.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
If you've already rebuilt your engine and done sine upgrades it would be a great step up. If your engine is still stick, your dollars would be better served elsewhere.

I have an '87 gmc with the stock style GM tbi and it is a good reliable entry level fuel injection. Simple, easy, and inexpensive to work on.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
In all reality, there's many guys that have swapped the GM TBI onto their Ford engines for that fact alone; dead nuts reliable, simple as a #2 pencil, and pretty cheap....

Not going to lie. In my field of work, TBI is traumatic brain injury so my interest peaked when I read the title at a glance. Then I reread the title and realized I'm an idiot :)

You've been around Chris for too long

BlondeGurli I may need you're professional opinion. Keeping my sons project truck may indeed indicate TBI! :suspicious:

My left knee won't take long rides in my Willy's so I want this truck to be a trail/woods truck. It needs to be as reliable as possible as the area I'm in can be very lonely.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts