Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I can remember getting up at 4:30 in the morning and putting my boots on in the dark, and finding little plastic dinosaurs in the bottom of my boots.....and other stuff.

One of my coworkers found a peanut butter sandwich in his VCR one time.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Today we prepped the carport and truck for a long winters nap.....

winter_storage_001.JPG

one final staredown...Damn i hate this time of yr.......

winter_storage_002.JPG

Positioning the cover......

winter_storage_003.JPG

winter_storage_004.JPG

Goodnight Sweetheart.....Goodnight.....see you in the spring...

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^you and me both!

:( :( :(

Sent from my not so smart phone.

Seeing as how these aren't reproduced I turned into a trim restoration guy.

From this:
img_18901.jpg

To this:
img_18991.jpg

img_19001.jpg

Lower tu-tone trim.
img_18971.jpg

img_18961.jpg

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I'll have to get my dent ready for bed
For her long winters nap soon, hate this time
Of year. First time for me to have a "baby" to tuck in for a long winter nap, a lfive month long nap, Ack!! Winter SUCKS!!! Soon to say Good night, Sweetie, see you in the Spring.

Scott , could you tell how you got the aluminum that shiny ? I've got one piece I need to deal with.

I like the pattern on your driveway.
2_002.jpg

First I used stripper to get rid of the camo paint. I then used Easy Off in a spray can. If I were to do more I would definitely go with a Lye/water mixture. I think it would be less harsh on the aluminum. I then wet sanded the areas that needed it with 1000 grit. Then took it over to my bench grinder converted to a polisher and worked some magic to get it to shine. I'm going to give it a coat of clear enamel from a spray can and see how it looks. If the results aren't up to par I'll try this: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...PC_p_45.html&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13821891200437

That is my rear sidewalk Mark. It is all part of the pool area out back. I couldn't afford to do my driveway in concrete. Your drive looks great!

Here's an idea Mark, how much for all the trim off your truck?

wow that looks awesome, how much to do mine ?

No way, wont do it. It is way to labor intensive to make money doing it.

First I used stripper to get rid of the camo paint. I then used Easy Off in a spray can. If I were to do more I would definitely go with a Lye/water mixture. I think it would be less harsh on the aluminum. I then wet sanded the areas that needed it with 1000 grit. Then took it over to my bench grinder converted to a polisher and worked some magic to get it to shine. I'm going to give it a coat of clear enamel from a spray can and see how it looks. If the results aren't up to par I'll try this: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...PC_p_45.html&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13821891200437

That is my rear sidewalk Mark. It is all part of the pool area out back. I couldn't afford to do my driveway in concrete. Your drive looks great!

Here's an idea Mark, how much for all the trim off your truck?

No way, wont do it. It is way to labor intensive to make money doing it.

LOL i was kidding man, but it does look awesome. i've been searching the forums on how to do it for a while now, like you said very labor intensive. i wonder if anyone is making these in the steel version like our grill shells are now being made...?

LOL i was kidding man, but it does look awesome. i've been searching the forums on how to do it for a while now, like you said very labor intensive. i wonder if anyone is making these in the steel version like our grill shells are now being made...?

Thanks, yeah I knew you were kidding. It is a lot of work. I haven't seen any in chrome steel yet.

All that trim would be the cost of the truck that would come with it. :rofl2:

That glisten pc looks like some good stuff. Especially sticking to polished aluminum.

Lets see, throw my frame under your body, throw some 3 fiddy badges on it and it is good to go. How much? smilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Replaced two bolts that hold the fan shroud in place. Apparently they vibrated all the way out. Thankfully, they didn't end up in the fan.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts