Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I snapped the left turn cam lock off the turn signal switch. Looks like they don't manufacture a replacement for the plastic cam. Replacement is going to be about $200(Tilt wheel with auto), and they are hard to find.

You can still get them from Ford Doug...I got 2 from them a couple of years ago.
That happened to my truck the day I drove it home.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thank you, Duncan. Are you talking about the plastic cam, or the whole switch?

The whole switch and I think I paid $130 each for them.

I don't use the turn signal on my truck unless I have to, just for that reason.
I do have an NOS replacement though, incase it does break.

Good advice there!..I dont use mine unless I have to,I also dont fully
engage mine either when I do.You can actually barely hold it while
your going to turn.It saves on wear an tear.....smilieIagree

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I remember Scott doing this so I tried it myself. I added an LED strip light to my heater/AC controls. I was at Walmart the other day and saw the 4" strip and had to try it. I will get a pic of the light later when it's dark, but here is what I did. I drilled out the plastic molding carefully and prayed apart the cover. It's brittle so I had to be careful. Added the strip and was actually waiting on a PM from Scott on how he applied the cover back on. I debated about gluing or plastic welding it back on, but figured at some point I would have to replace the strip and didn't want anything permanant. I found some clips used for speaker screws and used those to hold the cover on. They were just the right size and fit perfect with only trimming off a little bit. The bezel will cover them up. I did compresss them a bit with a pliers and they feel tight. This way I can take the cover on and off if I need too.

This control was an extra one so figured why not.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Ok, my garage was dark enough to show the difference. I had one with a regular bulb and then the led strip.

The pics together don't do the difference justice. The LEDs are so much better. I have to find a pic of the led bulb I have in my 77. It isn't as bright as the LED strip. I will go out when it's totally dark and see.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice comparison pics Buck.

I didn't grab pics off the heater/AC controls before I put the strip in but had a heater only control and hooked them both up to car charger cords to show them both and compare brightness.

I realized that and deleted my post. The LED's look great.
One of the problems I've had with night driving is too much light inside the cab.
So LED's might make it worse for me.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I realized that and deleted my post. The LED's look great.
One of the problems I've had with night driving is too much light inside the cab.
So LED's might make it worse for me.

The hvac controls aren't too bad. I think with LEDs in the cluster like this would be too much.

Two 24" strips in the cluster

The lens is really dull and scratched up but you get the idea. I tried this out on the cluster from what Scott did as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts