Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What a Week - 132,390 Miles on the Truck and all is well!!!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Truck turned 170,000 miles earlier this week and all is well.

Had to install a new alternator (2nd one since new) two weeks ago.

My Ford dealer diesel tech also swapped out my EGR valve (169,800 miles) for a new/used one that he took out of a warrenty repair. Mine was starting to stick (189,900 miles on original OEM EGR valve). He installed/swapped it for at no-charge and said to try it out and the next time I am in he will hook it up and see if any more EGR codes have been "set" in my computer management system. If so, he will clean and I can pay for a new EGR valve... if not.... just leave the used one he installed in and enjoy.
See there, starting a relationship with your tech is quite valuable, aint it?

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Changed my oil and filters as well as my fuel filter.... what a great & fun weekend last week was!!! It also kept me from having to help the wife clean house... boy did I take my time to accomplish both of these tasks!!!

Now... my next expense are new tires.

My current set (BFG All-Terrain's) have 80,000 miles on them and they have lost their tread.

The best deal I have found (same as last time) is COSTCO.

Hopefully, my new tires will be available in 2 weeks.

My thanks to you Jeff ... and many others who post here. Learning the proper ways to care for my truck right from the start has made all the difference in the world! 65k miles and one EGR valve, a front wheel 4WD hub, and a differential cover gasket leak. Great truck.

Last edited:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
My thanks to you Jeff ... and many others who post here. Learning the proper ways to care for my truck right from the start has made all the difference in the world! 65k miles and one EGR valve, a front wheel 4WD hub, and a differential cover gasket leak. Great truck.

Geez... 65,000 miles... heck... my current set of tires have more miles on them than your truck. Quit driving like "Miss Daisy"!!!!smilietease

Your truck is not even broken in yet!!!!:)

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Just in, the internet isn't always right about things. :D

What.......

Your kidding right??????

That's the problem..

1) MSNBC, CNN are biased.

2) Newspapers are biased.

3) What's left besides the Internet and Fox News?????

I may end up selling everything and moving to some small island in a Pacific and just enjoy life without all the taxes and BS.

What.......

Your kidding right??????

That's the problem..

1) MSNBC, CNN are biased.

2) Newspapers are biased.

3) What's left besides the Internet and Fox News?????

I may end up selling everything and moving to some small island in a Pacific and just enjoy life without all the taxes and BS.

I alway's new Beach was "fair & balanced" when reporting on the 6.0 psd topics. Please report when you hit the big 200k!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Oh-Oh...

Had my "check air filter" light come on the other day!!!!

Figured it was plugged or something as I have never seen or had the light except when it comes on when you start the truck.

Went to dealer and mechanic was talking to my service writer lady.

Popped the hood, looked at front of filter and it was good... but the "filter minder" gauge had split into two parts (broken).

Replaced filter minder gauge (5 minutes), restarted and the problem was solved.

Cost me $45 or so for the part and $12.00 for the labor... but I was n and out in 15 minutes from the time I drove in th service lane... and my truck never left the service lane (would take longer for a "porter" to move into the service bay area.

I think I over-paid for the part... but not much I could do... I was in and out pretty darm quick.

Dam... 172,800 miles and I had to replaced a broken air filter "minder gauge".

blacksnapon

Staff member
Oh-Oh...

Had my "check air filter" light come on the other day!!!!

Figured it was plugged or something as I have never seen or had the light except when it comes on when you start the truck.

Went to dealer and mechanic was talking to my service writer lady.

Popped the hood, looked at front of filter and it was good... but the "filter minder" gauge had split into two parts (broken).

Replaced filter minder gauge (5 minutes), restarted and the problem was solved.

Cost me $45 or so for the part and $12.00 for the labor... but I was n and out in 15 minutes from the time I drove in th service lane... and my truck never left the service lane (would take longer for a "porter" to move into the service bay area.

I think I over-paid for the part... but not much I could do... I was in and out pretty darm quick.

Dam... 172,800 miles and I had to replaced a broken air filter "minder gauge".
UH-OH, Beach, It's falling apart! Time to trade it in on a 6.7!:wasntme:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
UH-OH, Beach, It's falling apart! Time to trade it in on a 6.7!:wasntme:

No way.... except for 2 alternators, ICP sensor, tranny sensor, normal maintenance items, batteries, surpentine belt, ball joints, front hubs... I have not spent all that much money considering I have +172,000 miles on my 2003 6.0L PSD, Excursion!!!!!

I'll keep it... it's paid for and fun to drive (when my wife is nagging at me when with me)!!! smilietease smilietease smilietease

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Now have 201,000 miles on my truck as of last week!!! smilietease smilietease

Look out 300,000 miles, here I come (in 4 years). smilieFordlogo

(I posted this same post into this thread and one other due to being related)

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Woohoo! smilieFordlogo I keep seeing my odo rolling away... I don't like it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts