Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

were should i put these lights

I just bought these off raod lights the big squere ones and i need some opinions, I do not have the roll bar in the back of my truck so i was wondering if i should put the lights on the fron of the cab or the back, I have two big ones and two little ones that i am going to mount but i cant decide, front or back any ideas, it is the extented cab too so.

Behind the grille. My neighbor did that. Can't even tell she has them on her truck until she flips the switch and blinds you.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I agree with behind the grill, use the big ones for that IMO (unless the small ones look better... I dunno how big and small they are)

Small ones may look good mounted under the front bumper, but alot of times they don't IMO.

well e little ones are about an inch by about 4 or 5 inches long the big ones are about 5 inches bye 3 or four the lttile ones will fit behind the grill but the big ones no. I might just find a bar to go in the back and mount the big ones on that and bye a couple more and mount the little ones on the grill or on the bumper i am not sure but there is a guy who has a bar for 50 and it came out of a 2006 f-150 super cab do you think that will fit my truck it the f250 wil the extended cab.

Last edited:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
It might- time to get the tape measure out.

Behind the grill, or cut grill and move the lights out flush or a little past.
Different year and body style than my 98 but here's a couple pics.

07-24-07_0051.jpg

03-26-07_018.jpg

o beleive me i know how handy they can be. That does look good tho will them on the grill but i cant cut my grill like that cause its the big grill and its not the honey comb one i am going to try to come up with some extra cash to get that bar and i am going to put some on the bar, grill and the back bumper i am going to do alot of four wheeling this summer and i will probably need the lights for at night situations so thanks for the advice.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
mount the small ones in the grill, the big ones out back... You can cut your grill and make a mounting bracket to keep the lights secure, your grill comes out with like 6 screws all easy to get too... Take it off and do some figuring...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts