Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well what do you all think?

Well finally I got this truck back from my friend after trying for around a year but as my luck would have it I have not had any kind of decent work. So I may have to sell it. But for now here are some pics & specs.
1979 f250 4x4
460, C6, 203 with part time kit & gear vendors overdrive D60s front & back 4.11 gears all restored by the PO & he spent lots of money over the years.
John
00412.JPG

00215.JPG

00613.JPG

00125.JPG

00313.JPG

00711.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice pics and nice backyard John!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I want your backyard!!!!

Thanks guys. & I do have to mow once a week (10x12) spot in the front yard :D though I do have plans for more grass. Been in the desert to long.
John

It will probably end up going up for sale. Will know more sometime this weekend & will try to type up a total report. Trying to decide if best to freshen up interior & minor fixes or not. Might depend on who is interested. Note this will not be a cheap truck but will be a good deal. I know the PO spent somewhere in to the 20s on it but that was 10+ years ago but as you can see it is still in excelent shape. my plan was to e-bay it & let the market decide but would rather see it go to someone who really knows what it is & would enjoy it. From the short description do you all think a projected price in the 8-10 range is fair or??????????????? feedback is welcomed also & I know there will need to be much more info to decide for shure on the price just thinking out loud here at this point.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
From all the looking I've been doing, I don't think that a starting price on eBay around what you are saying is out of line. Like everything else, there will be people squawking that it's too much...but there are lots of people out there looking for solid trucks that are willing to pay a decent price for a well done truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well finally I got this truck back from my friend after trying for around a year but as my luck would have it I have not had any kind of decent work. So I may have to sell it. But for now here are some pics & specs.
1979 f250 4x4
460, C6, 203 with part time kit & gear vendors overdrive D60s front & back 4.11 gears all restored by the PO & he spent lots of money over the years.
John
00412.JPG

Mmmmm...that's the best truck p0rn I've seen in a while.

What do you think of the back yard?
0096.JPG

Want

It will probably end up going up for sale. Will know more sometime this weekend & will try to type up a total report. Trying to decide if best to freshen up interior & minor fixes or not. Might depend on who is interested. Note this will not be a cheap truck but will be a good deal. I know the PO spent somewhere in to the 20s on it but that was 10+ years ago but as you can see it is still in excelent shape. my plan was to e-bay it & let the market decide but would rather see it go to someone who really knows what it is & would enjoy it. From the short description do you all think a projected price in the 8-10 range is fair or??????????????? feedback is welcomed also & I know there will need to be much more info to decide for shure on the price just thinking out loud here at this point.

If that were a fresh restore (within last year or two) with minimal miles, I'd say 10-12k would be an acceptable range. Since it's been 10 years and it's showing a little of it's age, I think 8500ish would be a fair starting point. Seems like the folks that can afford toys are starting to come out of the wood work again.

there will be people squawking that it's too much...

I squawk because I'm a cheap bastard. I squawk, therefor I am.

Looks like a nice truck. If you put it on Ebay , we can pick at it like some of the others.smilietease :rolling laugh:

Have you tunneled and tapped into the station behind you yet ?:wasntme:

Yep the only difference is I know the nitpicking points not like those guys spewing crap. :D
I wish. then I might not need to sell so bad. But single didigit fuel mileage is not good right now.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru

1979 f250 4x4 460, [confused] C6, 203 with part time kit & gear vendors overdrive D60s front & back 4.11 gears.
Swapped engine. Ford did not offer the 460 with 4WD (or a M/T) until 1983, and then in F350's only.

Post some pics of the inside. It looks to be rust free and 8-10 is probably a good starting price for that truck.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts