Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well they r going . High scrap meensno parts

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well I have at least 20 trucks to raid parts from in a 50 mile radius . Now i don't know .

With high prices of scrap People r hauling them to yards . The best paying one here crushes all that come in. SO no parts .

Bummer . I have 2 or 4 trucks I know r going no where but U cant even find trucks to buy for parts any more.

:headbang: :headbang:

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I scrapped out a few of my old part trucks. Mainly to make room for other to take thier place. Normally when I sell a truck i have I give them free access to the parts truck to take all or part of it for a year. then I strip the good parts off and scrap it out.

I run with scissors.
Well I have at least 20 trucks to raid parts from in a 50 mile radius . Now i don't know .

With high prices of scrap People r hauling them to yards . The best paying one here crushes all that come in. SO no parts .

Bummer . I have 2 or 4 trucks I know r going no where but U cant even find trucks to buy for parts any more.

:headbang: :headbang:

How much are you getting for scrap in PA? I'm in Illinois, and just a couple days ago I got $220/ton for appliances. My old '78 runs just fine and I still drive it, but I can get more $$$ for it as scrap than people are willing to pay me for it as a truck :(

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Not a clue As to what they r getting but . Every thing is going hardly anything left sitting.

Now recycling is great. But I got over $1000 selling parts off my old truck . and that was with not selling drive train. So I hate to say yes they r getting good price for scrap . But at least sell off some parts we all need.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
i have only found one around here that still keeps them. i've called around in the past and was told anything over 20 years usually gets crushed. there's a yard that you can only find by the signs on the road. most everyone else thinks it's a rumor and i still haven't been out to see it but my parts guy knows where it is so next time i need something *which may be sooner than i hope* i'll check it out.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
My favorite wreckers still has them but days r numbered.I'm going to make offer on ther dash pads ect.

I'm stopping at the place where most end up nightly . Hoping to get something before they get crushed.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts