Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well....looks like a rebuild is in the future.

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
I haven't been on here a lot in the past few weeks....well months, i don't really know what it's been since college and life have taken me for a ride. Anyways, in the past few weeks at around 1,500 miles after the oil change, the 4.6 has burnt over 2 quarts of oil, just started happening recently. Tips have got the nice black inside, which has just started happening in the last month of the few months i've had the exhaust on, and it's starting to burn oil on start up noticeably but no smoke as of yet. Guess it was only time before she'd need a rebuild, but for now she'll get some extra oil and babied til i save up enough.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
The exhaust making it run leaner, by any chance?

Marquis's using a little oil (quart every 1500 miles or so), but we've isolated the problem to valve cover gaskets.

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Well, not sure on the exhaust leaning it out, plugs looked like prime examples of good burn pattern, no oil leaks any where on the engine or oil on the bottom of the truck to be seen, tranny leaked before but lucas fixed that so she's dry, minus burning oil. Got same as new heads sitting in my room so they'll go on sometime.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Mod motors don't die... just keep on motoring.

My bet would be on valve seal as the source of your oil burning.

HAHA I've killed 3! LOL oh well good luck with it but even my new rebuild uses a little oil between changes.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts