Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well, it's official..

Well it's official................................My IBM LAPTOP crashed......Got a great deal on a new one this afternoon....A Toshiba Athlon II P540 with Blu-Ray/DVD burner
4GB RAM ,360 GB HD

Faster than greased snot through a gun barrel

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've thoroughly enjoyed the Toshibas I've had. I got 5 years of service out of my first one, then I had memory stick issues with it, and one of the slots went bad...so a buddy of mine just doubled up in the other slot. Of course I found this out after I purchased a new one, which I've had for 2 years now, but the original is good for back up duty or let a sibiling borrow it. The thing that absolutely blows my mind with computers, is the coin I have dropped to have some of them decked out to best suit my needs, and not long after they're worthless. Congrats on the purchase.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
What OS is it running? (32 or 64 bit?)

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
If Toshiba shipped it with 4 gigs, it's gotta be running 64 bit. 32 bit doesn't like much over 3 gigs. Depending on the memory controller, it usually won't register over 3.2gb

Ryan

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
If Toshiba shipped it with 4 gigs, it's gotta be running 64 bit. 32 bit doesn't like much over 3 gigs. Depending on the memory controller, it usually won't register over 3.2gb

Ryan

I've seen it done before; factory spec'd 4gb running 32.

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I have had both good and bad luck with Toshiba. The first laptop's keyboard cratered after one week's use. The response time from Toshiba was realllly fast, though. The second one has gone six months with no problems.

Isn't it sad that you're happy if a piece of equipment goes six months without a problem!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts